Destiny’s Xur Will Still Be on Xbox 360 & PS3, but with a Limited Inventory
Bungie has released a list of content and events that will no longer be available to Destiny players on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Last-gen players make up only 10 percent of the Destiny player base.
You can find a complete list of changes over on Bungie.net, but here are the main ones Destiny players will care about.
Xûr, Agent of the Nine will continue to appear, but now has much less to sell to players:
- Individual Exotic Weapons and Armor pieces will no longer be sold by Xûr.
- Encrypted Exotic Engrams will be sold. These will decrypt into Year 2 Exotics.
- Encrypted Legacy Engrams will continue to be sold. These will decrypt into Year 1 Exotics.
- Heavy Ammo Synthesis, Three of Coins, Vehicle Upgrades, Motes of Light, and Glass Needles will continue to be sold.
Bungie is also removing certain parts of the game entirely for last-gen consoles:
- Trials of Osiris: The Trials of Osiris weekly Crucible event will no longer be available on Legacy Consoles (last-gen) beginning in August 2016.
Iron Banner: The Iron Banner Crucible event will no longer be available on Legacy Consoles (last-gen) beginning in August 2016.
Live Events: Legacy Consoles (last-gen) will not have access to any Live Events beginning in August 2016. Live Events are limited-time Destiny event that can include specific playlists, Quests, Bounties, or Rewards. Examples of previous Live Events are the Festival of the Lost, Crimson Days, or the Sparrow Racing League. To access Live Events after August 2016, Legacy Console players will need to upgrade from their Legacy Console and purchase Destiny: Rise of Iron once it is released.