Detached Leaving Early Access on May 18; Receives New Teaser Trailer
Space exploration VR title Detached will be officially leaving Steam Early Access on May 18, 2017. Alongside the announcement, we also have a new teaser trailer.
Anshar Studios announced today that their space exploration VR title Detached will be leaving Early Access and officially releasing on May 18, 2017. Detached hit Early Access on Steam last August and has maintained a ‘Mostly Positive’ average user score since arriving on Steam. Alongside the official release date announcement, we also received a new teaser trailer, which can be seen below.
If this is your first time hearing about Detached, here is a brief description of the game’s premise and features:
Detached is a space exploration VR game that demands tactics and skill to survive. Strap yourself in for hardcore gameplay uniquely designed for VR headsets.
Trapped in an abandoned space station, you must race against borrowed time to find your crew before your oxygen supply runs out. As you solve puzzles to open airlocks, locate power cores and disable transmitters, something tells you that you won’t be alone when you finally escape into the universe’s deep infinity.
- Go Hardcore – Experience 360-degree freedom of movement, rotation and acceleration in a sandbox environment built for VR headsets.
- It’s Getting So Atmospheric – Discover the wide blue yonder inspired by the sublimity of Gravity with an accompanying fully orchestrated score composed by Mikołaj Stroiński (The Witcher 3, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter).
- Blast, Splinter and Charge – Employ Shield, Boost and EMP Rockets skills in both single-player and multiplayer modes. Hit targets with lock-on missiles built into your suit. Master weapon cool down times before your opponent gets the upper hand. Gain temporary immunity with the shield skill. Exploit boosting tunnels to gain a speed advantage.
- Astronautic Drills – Get to grips with your spacesuit’s controls in a zero-G environment through a dynamic tutorial before venturing into outer space. FPS-style steering will introduce newbies and those sensitive to VR playing to the hardcore VR experience.
- Blink and You’ll Miss It – Challenge a friend to Detached’s nail-biting PvP mode and then spend time getting acquainted with the infinite universe in single-player mode.
Detached is currently available on PC via Steam Early Access for $19.99. The game is scheduled to leave Early Access on May 18, 2017.