Capcom Just released the first screenshots, artwork and trailer of Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition, that will come this Summer to PS4, Xbox One and PC.
Incidentally, while the west only has a release window, Japan already has a release date, June 18th for PS4 and Xbox One, and June 24th for PC.
The new edition will run at 1080p and 60 FPS on consoles, will include three new game modes, gameplay improvements and three new playable characters, Vergil, Trish, and Lady. Here are a few details from the developer, including further details on how and when the new characters will be playable:
- Critically acclaimed action tailored for next-gen – The game now supports a 1080p resolution with striking high-res textures, while retaining the original title’s smooth 60fps on next-gen consoles.
- Largest roster of playable characters to date – In addition to the return of Nero and Dante, now Vergil, Trish and Lady are playable with each of their own distinctly different playstyles.
- Vergil – Based on his rendition in Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition, combined with elements of his playstyle from DmC Devil May Cry, this is the definitive version of the character. New combat mechanics are also introduced that complement his icy attitude and flawless style. Vergil is playable on any mission.
- Lady – Playable for the first time in the series, Lady specializes in long-range, firearm-based combat. Her signature weapon, the Kalina Ann, features a grappling hook which allows her to easily traverse environments. Lady is playable on Nero’s missions.
- Trish – Trish does away with the need for weapon switching, making skillful use of the versatile Sparda sword, her pistols, and her bare hands in a variety of inventive ways. Trish is playable on Dante’s missions.
- Legendary Dark Knight Mode – Take on the challenge of fighting hordes of enemies all at once, putting their combat skills to the ultimate test. In this mode, enemies spawn in greater numbers and with more strength and vitality, allowing players more time to execute longer, more exciting combos.
- Rebalanced combat system – Changes have been made to improve the game tempo and gameplay balance.
- Bonus costumes – New costumes and skins have been added and are designed to be completely compatible with in-game cutscenes, bringing a fresh new look to the campaign.
You can check out the screenshots, artwork and trailer below. The first in the gallery is the key artwork, which will most likely appear on the cover of the game.