Diablo III Season 16 Reduces Set Bonus Requirements and Guarantees Primal Legendary Drops
Diablo III Season 16 gives all Seasonal players a bonus that reduces the number of items for set bonuses allowing for greater experimentation.
Diablo III Season 16 is now live in a new patch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC players.
Throughout Diablo III Season 16 , all players will benefit from the Ring of Royal Grandeur. This ring’s special effect reduces the number of items needed for set bonuses by 1, to a minimum of 2. This effect will not stack but players will not need to equip the item to benefit from its effect. The main effect of his means different equipment sets can be active at the same time instead of having to pick and choose between two. Non-Season players will not have access to this effect, however.
Some cosmetic items obtainable during Diablo III Season 16 include the Helm and Shoulder slots of the Conqueror set, new portrait frames themed on the, “clarion call of adventure,” and the Wings of Lempo, a “pair of wings fit for a monarch.”
Season journey requirements to earn an additional stash tab include:
- Guardian of Sanctuary: Finish a level 70 Nephalem Rift on Torment XIII within five minutes
- Gem of My Life: Level three Legendary Gems to level 55
- All I Do IS Win: Complete two Conquests this Season
- In for The Kill: Kill Azmodan at level 70 in under 30 seconds on Torment XIII difficulty
- Money Ain’t a Thang: Slay Greed on Torment XIII difficulty
- Take U There: Reach Greater Rift level 60 Solo
- Power Amplification: Use Kanai’s Cube to augment an Ancient Legendary item with a level 50+ gem
- Cubic Reconfiguration: Use Kanai’s Cube to reforge a Legendary item
Meanwhile Conquest challenges include:
- Speed Demon/Need for Speed requires the fastest nephalem to complete a Nephalem Rift at level 70 on Torment X or higher in under two minutes
- On a Good Day/I Can’t Stop guides you to get your Legendary Gem grind on; level three Legendary Gems to 65 to complete this challenge!
- Boss Mode/World’s Apart is a speed challenge where you’ll need to eliminate the following bosses at level 70 and Torment X in under twenty minutes: The Skeleton King, The Butcher, Zoltun Kulle, Ghom, Cydaea, Rakanoth, Diablo, Adria, Queen Araneae, Maghda, Belial, Siegebreaker Assault Beast, Azmodan, Izual, Urzael, and Malthael
- Curses!/Stars Align, pick any Cursed Chest event that requires killing monsters and defeat over 350 or more at level 70 on Torment X or higher.
- Years of War/Dynasty demonstrates your mastery of multiple classes by clearing a Greater Rift level 55 solo with the full bonuses of any six full Class sets.
Class Sets avaialble in Season Journey have been reset with Haedrig’s Gift containing the following sets for each class:
- Barbarian – Immortal King’s Call
- Crusader – Seeker of the Light
- Demon Hunter – Natalya’s Vengeance
- Monk – Uliana’s Stratagem
- Necromancer – Trag’Oul’s Avatar
- Witch Doctor – Spirit of Arachyr
- Wizard – Vyr’s Amazing Arcana
Quality of life improvements included in this Diablo III Season 16 patch include the removal of legendary potions from taking up inventory space, and made Primal Legendaries more obvious with beams, a mini-map icon, and highlighted their tooltip in the UI. They are also now guaranteed to drop once you have completed a Greater Rift level 70 in solo for the first time during the season.
Diablo III Season 16 lasts until March 17, 2018, lasting a total of eight weeks for those who want to earn each unique set for their class and take on the various challenges included. You can read the full patch notes on Blizzard’s website. The first Diablo III season was in August of 2014, two years after release, and lasted until February 2015, a length that has not yet been repeated. The first nine seasons were exclusive to PC players but the feature made its way to consoles in March of 2017 with the introduction of Season 10. Alongside Season 16 players can also participate in the annual Darkening of Tirstram which transports you back to a remake of the original Diablo within Diablo III. That event will continue until January 31, 2019.