The annual DICE Summit has always brought together the developers and creatives making the world of video game development a better place for years, with the full schedule and details on the upcoming 2016 event now revealed.
The official website for the DICE 2016 Summit have been updated with the full schedule of events and panels expected during the event, which will run from February 16th – 18th, 2016 in Las Vegas.
The event’s sponsor, the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences, also revealed that Gearbox Software president Randy Pitchford and magician/comedian Penn Jillette will be presenting the keynote speech at the event, which is titled “Assumptions and Expectations with Interactivity and Magic.” The AIAS explains that the keynote from Pitchford and Jillette will “lead members of the audience through a magic trick that will move from the live theater to virtual reality.”
Information on some of the speakers and presenters at the DICE 2016 Summit include:
- Sid Meier, co-founder and director of creative development at Firaxis Games. Over the last three decades he has played an influential role in establishing strategy games as a cornerstone of video gaming, and is often regarded as “The Godfather of Computer Gaming.”
- Brian Reynolds, Chief Creative Officer of Big Huge Games. Reynolds’ videogames have sold more than 6 million copies worldwide, and he has masterminded the design of several smash hits including Civilization II, Alpha Centauri, and Rise of Nations, as well as Settlers of Catan for Xbox360 Live Arcade.
- Soren Johnson is CEO and Design Director of Mohawk Games. Johnson has 15 years of experience developing strategy games as both lead designer and gameplay programmer. While at Firaxis, Soren designed Civilization IV, one of the highest-rated strategy games of all time and was also the co-designer of Civilization III.
- Bruce Shelley, who helped develop the Age of Empires series. While working at MicroProse with Sid Meier, Bruce helped to design the original Sid Meier’s Civilization, alongside fan favorites such as Railroad Tycoon. Shelley will moderate the panel.
- Todd Howard, game director and executive producer at Bethesda Game Studios. Howard is best known for his work on The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Fallout 3, and The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim – all of which have been ‘Game of the Year’ winners. He and his team are currently wrapping up development on Fallout 4. Howard will be participating in a conversation on stage discussing Bethesda’s approach to their games and franchises.
- Niccolo de Masi, Chairman and CEO, Glu Mobile Inc. de Masi will be addressing, “Community First” discussing the recent shift wherein companies, influencers, and celebrities share news directly with their communities first, and media second.
- Mike Gallagher, CEO, Entertainment Software Association (ESA). In his session Gallagher will highlight how together the video games industry can affect change, protect the interests of the industry and gamers, and cement their position atop the leaderboard.
The DICE 2016 Summit will take place from February 16th – 18th, 2016 in Las Vegas.