Cold War New Die Hardpoint Mode - Rules, Features & How To Play
Hardpoint is back with an explosive twist!
With the Season 3 Reloaded update now live in both Cold War and Warzone, it can be hard to keep up with all of the new content being discovered. With all the attention on Warzone’s new Nakatomi Plaza building, you might have missed the new Die Hardpoint Mode in Cold War Multiplayer.
There’s plenty more to discover than just a new Multiplayer mode and Warzone building though, make sure you check out the link below to find the patch notes for the Season 3 Reloaded update.
- MORE: Season 3 Reloaded Patch Notes
Cold War & Warzone Season 3 Reloaded
We’re officially at the halfway point for Season 3 of Cold War and Warzone, and to keep things fresh for players, Treyarch and Raven have released a big mid-season update.
Warzone received 3 brand new points of interest, with the most exciting being Nakatomi Plaza located in Downtown. If you plan on dropping at the new spot, make sure you know how to get the CL19 Vault Key to unlock all the goodies inside the building.
Cold War‘s Multiplayer and Zombies modes both received substantial updates too, with new modes and plenty of weapon tuning for Multiplayer. Zombies fans will be receiving one of the biggest updates yet with a new fishing mechanic, a new Outbreak main quest, and a new mode called ‘Cranked 2‘.
Check out the full patch notes to discover everything new in Season 3 Reloaded.
Cold War Die Hardpoint
Die Hardpoint is a brand new Multiplayer Playlist that is available right now for owners of Black Ops Cold War. Simply jump into the Multiplayer Mode from the Main Menu of Cold War and select the Die Hardpoint playlist to jump in!
But before you do, you’ll need to know what the brand new mode is all about.
Check out the official rules and features of the new mode below, taken from the official Treyarch website.
- Die Hardpoint added to Featured Playlists.
- Capture Hardpoints to gain points for your team. Eliminate multiple enemies in the same life to earn up to five powerful buffs throughout the match.
- Capturing a Hardpoint grants a movement speed boost and sets your timer to 30 seconds. When the timer reaches zero, you explode. Extend the timer by earning eliminations and capturing Hardpoints.
- The timer is paused while on your team’s Hardpoint, and kills add 15 seconds to your timer up to a max of 30 seconds.
- Successive kills grant up to four additional buffs: improved weapon handling, ADS speed, slide speed, and a larger explosion upon death (granted after a five-kill streak.)
- The first team to reach 200 points, or the most points before time expires, wins.