Dirt 5 Features a Dozen of Car Classes from Classic Rally to Super Lites
Codemasters revealed the full list of car classes for Dirt 5, boasting the game's diversity in simulating various off-road races and tournaments.
Over three years after Dirt 4, Codemasters will be delivering the next mainline entry of the franchise in October this year. Unlike its predecessors, Dirt 5 is supposed to bring a diverse experience of off-road races and tournaments which makes it the biggest title in the series, which has 12 different car classes.
Thanks to the new information from Codemasters on Dirt 5, what tournaments we should wait for in the game. As the little descriptions reveal for each class, it seems Dirt 5 will feature a huge number of vehicles from classic 80s rally cars to the modern-day kings of the same segments. Below, you can read about each car class in the game:
- Cross Raid: Built specifically to overcome tough terrain, our Cross Raid class combines speed, strength, and durability for some truly awesome trucks, including the Volkswagen Race Touareg 3 and the Laffite G-Tec X-Road, making its video game debut.
- Rock Bouncer: Huge wheels, mad suspension, a big roll cage, and that’s about it. Oh, and you’re in the middle of it all. Dirt 5’s rock bouncer is purpose-built to conquer the most intimidating terrain. Use its traction, acceleration, and flat-out stubbornness to beat all obstacles in our most extreme events.
- Rally Cross: A staple of Dirt games, the cars in our rally cross-class are designed for all-terrain speed and getting sideways as soon as possible. Perfect for our tighter circuits and twisty corners, the likes of the Peugeot 208 WRX and Citroen C3 R5 can turn on a dime and go from 0-60 almost as quickly.
- Formula Off-Road: This class houses our monstrous WS Auto Racing Mudclaw – a true off-road beast with huge ridged tires and incredible power. Ideal for Dirt 5’s Stampede events, the Formula Off-Road class is where you go for something capable of negotiating just about anything – and fast.
- Classic Rally: Roll back the years with iconic machines that popularized the concept of going fast and flat-out on any possible terrain. From the Fiat 131 Abarth Rally to the Porsche 924 GTS Rallye, these off-road heroes will remind you that age is but a number with some serious power and performance.
- 80s Rally: A golden age of off-road racing, no DIRT game would be complete with some of the most successful off-road cars of the 1980s. We’re combining series favorites such as the Ford RS200, with incredible newcomers like the Porsche 959 Prodrive Rally Raid, for a class that just gets better over time.
- 90s Rally: Relive a time when off-road truly went mainstream and recreate rivalries with the Subaru Impreza S4 and Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI. We’re also giving some love to the more pint-sized extreme machines of the 1990s – keep an eye out for those.
- Rally GT: Even the most refined GT cars built for tarmac can’t help but get DIRTy. The Rally GT class brings you these desirable cars kitted out with off-road specs, including the Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT-4, and Porsche 911 R-GT.
- Sprint: The Dirt 5 class dedicated to our truly incredible sprint car, sporting wheels of all different sizes, huge wings, and 900bhp – perfect to rip up dirt oval tracks and get sideways. A unique class for a unique racing experience.
- Pre Runners: Think of the best road-going SUVs and all-purpose vehicles. Now think of them draped on off-road kit and suped-up for extreme racing. That’s the Pre-Runners class, featuring incredible race-ready versions of the Aston Martin DBX and more to be revealed soon.
- Super Lites: Low on excess weight, high on action, these rockets have power-to-weight ratios that’ll make your eyes water. Have fun taming the Ariel Nomad Tactical, Exomotive Exocet Off-Road, and more. These compact cars are built for all-terrain speed and an all-out assault on the senses.
- Unlimited: Trucks. Big trucks. Trucks built for the most demanding off-road events in the world. Trucks that’ll give you the confidence to floor it and power over all the rugged terrain Dirt 5 has to offer. Jump in the Jimco Unlimited Truck, Brenthel Industries Unlimited Truck, and more and show the most challenging events who’s really in charge.
As you would guess, Codemasters is trying to have a touch on each popular segment in off-road and rally racing, but it’s yet to be seen how successful it would be when it comes to the gameplay. Dirt 5 will also bring a brand new story mode featuring well-known voice actors such as Nolan North and Troy Baker.
The list above, actually, teases some of the cars that will be available in the game such as Porsche 911 R-GT, Aston Martin DBX, Peugeot 208 WRX, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI, Ford RS200, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Citroen C3 R5, and etc.
Dirt 5 will be available for PS4, Xbox One, Stadia, and PC on October 9th. The next-gen versions of the game will be arriving on a later date.