Welcome to the DualShockers Discord! We’re excited to have you take part in the discussions that will be taking place.
I’m sure you’re asking “Well, how the heck do I get myself into the freakin’ DualShockers Discord?”
To start, first go to this link:
It will take you directly to the DualShockers Discord server. If you have a Discord account, you should be taken directly to the #general-chat channel, which is where you can talk about anything and everything.
If you don’t have a Discord account, you will need to create one. It’s a seamless process that can be completed by going to this link:
Note: If you have suggestions on a channel that you would like to see that you think will be beneficial to the community, please make the suggestion. One of our moderators will make a note of it and bring it to the attention of the server administrators.
Meet the Community
We will do our absolute best to actively monitor our Discord server. However, while we will do everything in our power to make sure that your experience isn’t tainted, we ask that you do your best to promote a healthy experience for others. After all, it is our mutual responsibility to make sure we have a great time, right?
We will have two groups of moderators taking charge of refereeing the activity of the community to ensure that things are running smoothly, and keeping an eye out for any egregious behavior. The two groups are Community Moderators and DualShockers Moderators:
Community Moderators (community_mod in Discord): Community members who have been chosen by the DualShockers staff to be Community Ambassadors. These are the folks who will keep things in line. Sort of like a band of awesome people who have been positive contributors to the community over time.
DualShockers Moderators (ds_mod in Discord): DualShockers’ staff members who will have a bit more power and say than Community Moderators. They’ll step when a community_mod isn’t available (or able) and they’ll make sure to check the people doing the checking.
In order to preserve some of the philosophy that our staff hold dear to our hearts, we have curated community guidelines below that we earnestly hope are perpetuated.
Things That Get The Thumbs Up
- Hanging out and having good discussions with the community.
- Playing games with other community members (We will do our best to accommodate channels for this).
- Making new friends.
- Contributing feedback to the DualShockers staff (we are always happy to hear your thoughts!).
- Inviting other members of the gaming community.
- Having fun.
Things That Get The Thumbs Down
Note: The information provided below, if not followed, can lead to a permanent ban. If you feel someone is not adhering to the guidelines, be proactive and mention it to either a community_mod or a ds_mod immediately via a private message.
- Organizing and participating in raids or other forms of harassment. Do not engage in or post content encouraging the harassment of individuals in the community.
- Do not threaten to harm another person or someone related to another person in any capacity. Do not tell people you will hurt or kill them. Do not dox people. Do not share or threaten to share personal information of another user — this includes, but is not limited to, home addresses, phone numbers, emails, social security numbers, and photos. Respect other’s desire for privacy.
- Circumventing tools that enable users to protect themselves and/or repeatedly targeting a user with unwanted friend requests or messages. Do not create spam accounts for the sake of annoying users with requests or other tactics. Do not disguise yourself in an attempt to contact someone who has blocked you. Show respect to other people’s desire for space.
- Sharing content related to minors that is sexually suggestive or violent. Do not share or post links to images that depict minors or underage individuals engaged in violent, sexually suggestive, pornographic, shameful, or otherwise inappropriate situations.
- Sharing content that violates another person’s contractual, personal, intellectual property or other rights. Do not share or post links that violate the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
- Sharing content glorifying or promoting, in general, self-harm or suicide. This includes any content that encourages others to: cut or injure themselves; embrace anorexia, bulimia, or other eating disorders, or commit suicide rather than, for example, seeking counseling or treatment. Here at DualShockers, we strive to create a community that has the power to lift people up from dark places — be the kind of person who lifts others. If you notice someone is in need of urgent help, reach out to local authorities.
- Doing anything illegal on the DualShockers Community Discord channels. We will take immediate action if you: violate any applicable laws or regulations, or promote or encourage any illegal activity, but not limited to, hacking, cracking or distribution of pirated software, or cheats or hacks for another company or person’s Service.
- Distributing viruses. Do not engage in or promote phishing activities. Do not threaten another community member with digital harm including, but not limited to, viruses, hacking, and spying.
- Attempting to steal another user’s account.
Failure to comply with any of the guidelines will result in disciplinary actions enforced by the DualShockers Discord moderators. Below you will find a list of offenses and the castigation attached to them.
Advertising Another Discord Server
Advertising YouTube/Twitch/etc. Channels
Mod(s) will alter nickname
Spam-posting Pictures (including NSFW)
Insulting Community Members (includes racism and sexism)