Bethesda has announced that Dishonored 2 will be receiving a new game plus mode across all platforms it’s available on next week courtesy of a new update. For PC users, the feature will be available as a beta today.
Slated for December 19th and unlocked only when the campaign has been completed with either Emily or Corvo, new game plus will allow players to begin anew with either character, with access to their full suite of abilities. This new playthrough will carry over all Runes and Bonecharm Traits collected from one’s previous game, too, so players will be able to re-assign those Runes once they choose the powers they want.
A quick-access wheel option for items, AI tweaks, and general performance improvements will be coming with the patch as well.
Another update is slated for January and will include mission select and custom difficulty settings. More information in regards to the update will be coming “soon.”
Bethesda announced that the game will be getting the new feature last month, shortly followed by an optimization patch on PC. An accolades trailer was released just a few days ago showcasing the title’s various critical awards. DualShockers itself awarded it a 9 out of 10.
The full update notes released today can be found below:
- New Game Plus mode!
- New Quick-Access Wheel option for hiding/unhiding items
- Fixed Oraculum false-kill count in Royal Conservatory
- AI detection tweaks to clarify when players are detected or not
- AI locomotion improvement for running
- Fixed various Bonecharm effects (Strong Arm, Spiritual Pool, etc)
- Fixed a problem in slow-motion where some inputs were ignored
- Blood Thirst: various enhancement and fixes
- Killing an NPC with their own bullet is now more reliable
- Tweak for mana potion refill speed, depending on difficulty
- General performance and optimization improvements
- Fixed various game logic issues
- Fixed various User Interface issues