The news that Disney Infinity would be discontinuing the production of toys came earlier in the year. As expected, we now learn that the game servers will be shutting down too. On Disney Interactive’s support site, the company outlined information on the server shutdowns by platform. As of yesterday, no in-game purchases can be made on the PC for Disney Infinity 2.0, however you can still complete in-game purchases in Disney infinity 3.0. The feature to purchase in-game content has also been removed for Apple TV, Amazon Android, Google Android and iOS versions of the game.
Here is the rundown on the changes:
As of September 30, 2016:
- Players will no longer be able to log in to play the PC, iOS, Google Android and Amazon Android versions of Disney Infinity. These will no longer be available on the respective app stores
- The Steam versions of Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0 will remain operational with the exception of all online services and community features as these will be discontinued
- Apple TV versions of Disney Infinity will be removed from the App Store
- The Disney Infinity Community team will no longer be reviewing or approving any new Toy Boxes that are submitted to Disney for all console, mobile and PC versions of the game. However, when playing on any console, Apple TV or Windows 8/10 versions of the game, players can continue to download their favorite Toy Boxes from the Community Content section until March 3, 2017
As of January 3, 2017
- No in-game purchases can be made within the Windows 8/10 versions of the game as this feature will be removed
As of March 3, 2017
Apple TV and Windows 8/10 versions will no longer be available, supported or playable
All Disney Infinity online services and community features for all versions will be discontinued
Console and PS Vita owners, however, will still be able to enjoy the game after servers are shutdown, albeit with a lack of features including online multiplayer.
The shutdowns are almost here for PC, iOS and Android users on September 30, and for all other available consoles on March 3.