Distant Worlds Concert Series is Back, Stops in New York, Chicago, Atlanta and More
Fans of the instrumental music that the Final Fantasy series is widely regarded for should mark their calendars. The critically acclaimed Distant Worlds concert series is preparing to bring the lovely music of the Final Fantasy series to the world once again, this time making stops in England, Australia and North America.
Standout venues include the Brooklyn Academy of Music’s Gilman Opera House in New York and the Sydney Opera House, in Sydney, Australia of course. Hit the break for the full list of dates and locations, as well as guests and special events. Nobuo Uematsu will be at some of these shows as well, and that is pretty major.
Fans of the series should also check out the new concert DVD, entitled Distant Worlds: Music From Final Fantasy Returning Home – LIVE IN JAPAN. The 2-disc set features more than twenty five tracks; hours of performances. The set will be available on April 1st for $30 exclusively from Amazon retailers. Hit the link for more info.
Dear FINAL FANTASY Fans,
FINAL FANTASY comes to New York, Atlanta and Chicago in the Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY concert series!
- Distant Worlds in New York City!
- Location: the Brooklyn Academy of Music’s Howard Gilman Opera House
- Friday, April 1, 2011 – 8:00pm
- Saturday, April 2, 2011 – 8:00pm
- Distant Worlds Philharmonic and the Purchase College Chorus
- Tickets on sale now!
- By phone at 718.636.4100
For the first time in New York City, music from FINAL FANTASY fills the halls of the Brooklyn Academy of Music in the Howard Gilman Opera House on April 1st and 2nd, 2011! Join Arnie Roth, Nobuo Uematsu, the Distant Worlds Philharmonic, FFXIV vocalist Susan Calloway and more special guests in one of New York’s most revered performance venues. Each program will feature classic Final Fantasy selections and North American Premieres of music from FINAL FANTASY XIII and FINAL FANTASY XIV.Advertisement
- Location: Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Woodruff Arts Center
- Friday, May 6, 2011 – 8:00pm
- Saturday, May 7, 2011 – 8:00pm
- Location: Symphony Center
- Sunday, June 26, 2011 – 2:30pm and 7:30pm
- Two concerts, two different programs on the SAME DAY!
- Tickets on sale now!
For the first time, attend both concerts in one day and hear the complete Distant Worlds I & II albums performed live! With over 100 performers on stage, including exciting special guests, a full symphony orchestra and chorus, attendance of Nobuo Uematsu, and maestro Arnie Roth!
- Conductor: Arnie Roth
- Guest singer: Susan Calloway
- Guest pianist: Benyamin Nuss
- Nobuo Uematsu in attendance
- Chicagoland Pops Orchestra and Chorus
- Distant Worlds at the Sydney Opera House!
- Location: Sydney Opera House. SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
- Friday, April 15, 2011 – 8:00pm
- Saturday, April 16, 2011 – 8:00pm
- Tickets: http://www.ffdistantworlds.com/sydney
With composer Nobuo Uematsu in attendance, conductor Arnie Roth, and special guest, Japanese singing sensation Kanon, the Sydney Symphony will perform the award-winning music from the FINAL FANTASY video game’s series. Featuring newly released FINAL FANTASY XIII and FINAL FANTASY XIV scenes and music!
- LONDON Premiere of Distant Worlds at the Royal Albert Hall!
- Location: Royal Albert Hall, Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra
- Saturday, November 5, 2011 – 7:30pm
- Tickets on sale at: http://www.ffdistantworlds.com/london
** Some Limited View Tickets still available! Mark your calendars for this historic concert event in one of the world’s most important and beloved concert venues. Arnie Roth conducts the Royal Philharmonic Concert orchestra, with Nobuo Uematsu, Susan Calloway and much more to be announced!