Divinity: Original Sin 2 Gets New Update Introducing Polymorph and Summoning Skills, New Trailer Released
Today we get a new update for Divinity: Original Sin 2 which brings Polymorph and Summoning. Alongside this we also received two new videos showcasing these new school additions.
Larian Studios announced today that two new schools are available to all Divinity: Original Sin 2 players via a new game update. The Polymorph and Summoning schools were Kickstarter stretch goals that fans had a choice to vote on. In addition to the update announcement, Larian Studios released two new videos which can be seen below.
In the first video, we get to see the Polymorph and Summoning skill trees being used in gameplay. The second video, hosted by Larian Studios founder Swen Vincke, gives us a deeper look at both of these schools.
If this is your first time hearing about Divinity: Original Sin 2, here is a breakdown of the game’s features:
- Choose your origin story. Choose one of the unique origin stories that will define your character’s background and your personal quests. For the first time in a Divinity game, play as a Human, Lizard, Elf, Dwarf, or Undead, each with unique racial skills. Watch the world and its inhabitants react to who you are and what you’ve done, unlocking new dialog options and quest lines. Or create your own story by building your character from the ground up.
- More freedom than ever. Go anywhere, talk to anyone, interact with everything and be anyone you want. You can kill any NPC in the game, destroy objects, and use the game’s vast RPG systems to your advantage. Talk to animals and spirits to gain valuable information. Explore the huge , open world to find hours of hidden content, including entire new areas.
- New elemental interactions make turn-based combat even better. Combine elements like fire and poison for explosive combos. Bless and Curse surfaces to completely change their properties. Craft new skills and use elevation to your advantage.
- A darker and deeper story. Divinity: Original Sin 2 features a darker and more grounded narrative than its award-winning predecessor, while building on Larian’s distinctive tone of voice. This is a godforsaken world. The Void approaches. And desperate times call for desperate measures…
- Play with up to 4 players: No other RPG offers 4-player co-op like Divinity:Original Sin 2 does. Your Origin Stories will give you different, often conflicting objectives. Will you cooperate or compete? It’s entirely up to you.
- Test your skills in the new PvP Arena Mode. Challenge your friends in fast, satisfying turn-based combat sessions. Take the battle to the multiplayer-tailored Arenas, packed with explosives, loot, and deadly traps.
- New technology. Powered by Divinity Engine 3.0, the game features physics-based rendering, cloth physics, and a new dynamic music system. It makes Divinity: Original Sin 2 the most atmospheric Divinity game ever.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 is currently available on PC Early Access via Steam.