The Division Update 1.7 Gets a Release Date for August 15
Update 1.7 gets an official release date and is coming to Tom Clancy's The Division soon.
Developer Ubisoft has announced that Tom Clancy’s The Division update 1.7 will be released on August 15 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Ubisoft has confirmed that patch notes will go live on August 14 at 6 PM CEST.
The update introduces a ton of new features including Global Events, which enable different modifiers across the game’s content; Commendations, an in-game achievement system that awards new vanity items with the completion of tasks, a station to customize your current character’s appearance, Encrypted Caches for picking up Premium items that can be purchased with real money or key fragments, and Classified Gear Sets which add six piece bonuses to existing gear sets.
The Classified Gear Sets will actually be offered as rewards for participating in Global Events through the collection and spending of Global Tokens.
As for other rewards like Masks, another vanity item, they won’t be seen until the update actually goes live.
Tom Clancy’s The Division was released on PS4, Xbox One, and PC in March 2016, and the action-shooter takes place in New York City following the outbreak of a deadly disease leaving rival factions in constant warfare battling over territories and equipment.
For more information on update 1.7, you can read all the updates courtesy of State of the Game’s page on Reddit below.
Global Event Outbreak
- Starts at August 15th – the exact time is not clear yet, but it is at the same day as 1.7 drops
- It is the one with the toxic NPCs and the headshot modifier
- It will run till August 22nd – so next Tuesday
Commendations / Patches
- Commendations will be activated with 1.7 and it will add a new achievement-system into the game. You will be rewarded with a new vanity item – the Patches. You can put them on your character.
- Were not shown in this State of the Game – they remain a surprise
- You can get those based on your performance during the Global Events
Character Customization Station
- You can now customize your character in the Terminal – but there are restrictions and you will have the same options as you had when you created your character
- New Encrypted Caches will be added to the game, that can be bought with real money or key-fragments that can be collected in game.
- They contain vanity items and can be collected by the Premium Vendor.
- Summary how they function than be found here: Link
Year 2 Summary
- The detailed Update 1.7 summary will be online when we get closer to launch, until then you can check out the Year 2 summary
Classified Gear Sets
- Lone Star / Final Measure / Dead Eye will be added to the game with the first Global Event
- Stable Weapon Talent was changed to 10% – you can still get it on sub-30 weapons, but not in endgame weapons
- Ballistic Shield gets a PVP modifier – players now do 20% more damage to shields than before.
- In addition to that, the 3-piece bonus of D3-FNC was changed from “+30% Ballistic Shield health” to 10% Damage to Elites – this is a preparation for the classified version of the set.
Global Event Caches
Droprates have been confirmed:
- 2 Guaranteed Drops in each cache plus one possible bonus item
- 45% chance that it is a Classified item
- 43.5% chance that it is a normal Gear Set item
- 11.5% chance that it is an Exotic item
- There is also a 12.5% chance that you get a bonus drop and when you get one, you have a 90% chance to get a classified and a 10% that you get an Exotic piece
Global Event Tokens
- Drops have been reworked and fixed from the PTS, so that you have the same behavior across the board.
- Key-Fragments have now a 20% droprate
- They drop from any named boss in the entire content (Underground needs to be confirmed but they should also drop Key-Fragments)