Don't Starve: Hamlet DLC, The Forge Event, and Much More Announced
Klei Entertainment has announced a load of new content coming to Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together.
If you’re thinking, ‘Hey, it’s been a while since I last heard anything about Klei Entertainment’s Don’t Starve,’ then you wouldn’t be alone. It seems that even Klei itself feels similarly. That’s why the developer took to its forums to announce a plethora of new content for both Don’t Starve and Don’t Starve Together.
Don’t Starve: Hamlet is a new singleplayer DLC that Klei has had in the works lately. It begins when Wilson discovers a portal to the place where the Pigmen originate. There, players will explore the Pigmen civilization with the potential of a little “bushwhacking and tomb raiding” as well. Right now, little more information has been provided on Hamlet, but it is expected to release in Q1 or Q2 of 2018. A quick teaser trailer of the DLC can be found below.
Next, Klei noted that its Don’t Starve team has been busy working on more content for the Shipwrecked DLC. The content will later be introduced as a free update, but for now are only being tested in a beta. For more information on how to join the beta, you can visit the Klei Entertainment website. Below are some of the changes you might expect to see when the content update is released.
- Crockodogs. Will hound you at land and sea.
- Ballphin followers and the Ballphin Den.
- Roe. New food item. Stocks the fish farm.
- Cormorants. New sea bird. Source of Roe.
- Tar Slick. Pools of crude oil bubbling on the surface of the water.
- Tar. New resource.
- 3 new variety of tropical fish.
- Rainbow Jellyfish.
- Coral Nubbin. Replant coral after it’s mined.
- Ox will produce offspring.
- Galley and Sea Lab . Make your base at sea.
- Sea Yard. Keeps your ship repaired on the water.
- Tar Extractor. Gets Tar from Tar Slick.
- Tar Suit. Temporary protection from wetness.
- Tar patch. A sticky situation.
- Oil Lamp. Quick lightsource for land and sea.
- Fish Farms. Grow food on the water.
- Encrusted Boat.
- Quackering Ram. New craftable for the Quacken Beak.
- Sea wall. Water craftable wall. Blocks waves.
- Tropical Bouillabaisse. New recipe with new tropical fish.
- Caviar. New recipe with Roe
Then, we got a bit more information on Don’t Starve Together with the announcement of upcoming events to the game that will only be available for a limited time, but will allow players to take part in new and entertaining ways to experience the game without interrupting its central experience. Don’t Starve Together: The Forge will be the first of these events and it will see up to six players cooperatively attempting to take down the Grand Master Boarrior in an arena battle. Your survivors can expect to receive new weapons, armor, and abilities to help survive, but none of that will top a good bit of teamwork.
If you’re successful in a Don’t Starve Together event, you can expect to be rewarded too! Here’s what you can expect to find when you finally clutch victory in The Forge.
- Far more skins will drop for players than ever before (by a factor of 4x or more!)
- There’s a new trader in town! If you get duplicates, you will be able to break them down to scrap and craft them into event items.
- The event features event-time skin drops, including the Warrior Skin Set, putting each character in grizzled gladiator-wear.
- In addition to the chance of receiving them as drops, players will have the option to purchase a single character’s Warrior Skin Set for $2.99, or the entire Warrior Skin Set collection for $12.99.
- The nature of the skins themselves will not change, they are still purely cosmetic and optional. However, purchase of the Warrior Set will help us fund further content and events like this one.
Klei points out that although you may be asked to pay for a portion of your reward from these events, it has been designed this way in hopes of funding free content updates for everyone rather than limiting it only to players who have paid for DLC. The Forge is expected to release November 2017, first on PC and on other platforms at a later date.
Of course, if you were expecting something new right now, then you won’t be disappointed! Klei rounded out its post by announcing the release of a new character for Don’t Starve Together: Winona. Since they know her best, we’ll just let Klei describe her:
“Armed with her indomitable spirit and trusty mending tape, Winona seems to have been plucked straight off the factory line and dropped into the world of Don’t Starve for something or someone’s unfathomable amusement. There may be more to her arrival than it appears, however, as more than a few eyes will be watching the next move of the newest survivor…”
Winona is currently available on Steam and will be coming to all other platforms at a later date.
For the full Klei Entertainment post, you are encouraged to peruse the information on their website. As promised, you will find the trailer for Don’t Starve: Hamlet below.