DOOM on Nintendo Switch Gets New Update Adding Motion Controls, Party Support, and More
DOOM for the Nintendo Switch has some upgrades thanks to a new patch, with the features including motion controls, a multiplayer party system, and more.
DOOM on Nintendo Switch has been available for some time now, and if demon-killing on-the-go has lost its appeal a bit in the past few weeks, a new update for the Switch version of the game should give some entertaining new ways to blast demons.
Publisher Bethesda Softworks has announced that a new update has gone live for DOOM on the Nintendo Switch, with the update’s big new features including the addition of motion controls to allow more precise aiming with the Switch in handheld mode.
In addition to motion controls, Bethesda also detailed that it has added a new party system for the game’s multiplayer mode to allow players to group up more easily and find matches together.
Finally, the game’s home icon on the Switch menu has gotten a new look to reflect the game’s box art, while the update also includes some tweaks on a technical level, such as resolution adjustments, crash fixes, CPU optimizations, and more for the Switch version of the game.
DOOM is available now on the Nintendo Switch, and is also available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. For a closer look at the patch notes from the latest update, you can read on below:
- Motion Aiming – New control scheme option allows you to tilt the Nintendo Switch for more precise aiming
- Multiplayer Parties – Added new party system, making it easier to group up and play with your friends in multiplayer
- Updated Game Icon – Game icon now matches the DOOM for Nintendo Switch boxart
- Increased the average resolution in lower-res areas of the game
- Implemented CPU optimizations
- Added Traditional Chinese language support
- Fixed an issue that resulted in a possible crash when using the BFG
- Fixed an issue that caused audio issues while playing
- Fixed an issue that caused stretched textures to appear in multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where controls became unresponsive on the game menu
- Fixed an issue where players may have incorrectly received a ban notice in multiplayer
— DOOM (@DOOM) February 20, 2018