Dragon Ball: The Breakers Release Date And Network Test Announced
Enter a world where Kakarot isn't around to save Earth...
Bandai Namco Entertainment America has revealed today through a newly released trailer that the upcoming multiplayer game Dragon Ball: The Breakers is going to be released worldwide on 14 October 2022. It will be available on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch. A Closed Network Test will be held across all platforms from August 5 to August 6, and players can sign up here.
Dragon Ball: The Breakers will be a 1-on-7 Asymmetric Online Multiplayer action game in which seven players called survivors try to ward off the enemy who takes the role of a raider. The Earthlings will get the chance to fight one of the three iconic raiders from the original story: Freiza, Cell, and Buu. In the newly released trailer, we can observe how the raider Freiza displays its overwhelming powers to hunt and wipe out survivors, and above that, they are able to evolve mid-fight to gain more strength and powers.
As Survivors, players will have to make use of the scattered items, vehicles, and other weapons available in the Dragon Ball world stages to help other team members and escape the Raider. However, the fight in The Breakers is a race against time in which the raider gains more strength by the second, and at some point, someone might decide to go at it alone and escape. There are a variety of ways in which the survivors may win, and it’s up to each player to decide.
Players in Dragon Ball: The Breakers will be able to design their own avatars using familiar Dragon Ball survivor skins and decorations earned with In-game credits or optional purchases. Additionally, players can link their Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 save data to gain even more bonuses.
Registration for the Closed Network Test of Dragon Ball: The Breakers is now available for NA players. Sign-ups are open from July 21 at 7 am, PDT, to August 1, at 11:59 pm, PDT. The session schedule has also been announced for the NA region as follows:
The Breakers: US Closed Network Test Sessions
- Session 1: Aug 5 (7:00 p.m. PT – 11:00 p.m. PT)
- Session 2: Aug. 6 (5:00 a.m. PT – 9:00 a.m. PT)
- Session 3: Aug. 6 (11:00 a.m. PT – 3:00 p.m. PT)
- Session 4: Aug. 6 (7:00 p.m. PT – 11:00 p.m. PT)
- The Standard Edition (Digital Only): Includes a full copy of the game + an Android 18 transphere and a blue scouter accessory.
- The Special Edition: Includes the physical game + customizable costume, victory pose, and a yellow vehicle skin, in addition to the accessories of the Standard Edition.
- The Limited Edition Bundle: Includes all of the previous content + The Breakers Steelbook, an exclusive Cell Shell Figure, and a green Potara accessory which is a timed exclusive Bandai Namco Store bonus.