Dragon Quest Builders' Kazuya Nino Leaves Square-Enix
Following the release of Dragon Quest Builders 2, series director Kazuya Nino has announced his exit from Square-Enix.
Following the release of Dragon Quest Builders 2 last month, series director Kazuya Nino has announced his exit from Square-Enix.
“With development on Builders 2 completed, I have left Square-Enix,” says Nino in a tweet. To Naoki Yoshida, Noriyoshi Fujimoto, Takuma Shiraishi, all of my colleagues, and everyone who enjoyed the games I made, thank you so much! I truly appreciate your support.”
Besides being the series director of the Dragon Quest Builders series, Niinou has previously worked on Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Etrian Odyssey, Trauma Center: Under the Knife, and 7th Dragon. Nino says he already knows what he’ll be working on next. Additionally, he’ll continue to look over Dragon Quest Builders 2 as an external staff member at Square-Enix. That being said, it’s unclear if any more content will be added to the game.
“I have been at Square-Enix for about seven years (my longest yet!)”, continues Nino. “I felt a little burned out with Builders 2 and wanted to try out a development cycle different from Square-Enix, so I set out for a new development environment.”
Dragon Quest Builders 2 is available on Nintendo Switch now. If you’re looking for more Dragon Quest in your life, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition launches on September 27 for Nintendo Switch.