The major Japanese retailer Tsutaya just released its weekly chart for the week between February 23nd and March 1st. Tsutaya’s charts are related only to the retailer itself, but they’re considered a quite good indicator of how the general Japanese market, due to the number of Tsutaya stores across the country.
- Dragon Quest Heroes – PS3
- Dragon Quest Heroes – PS4
- God Eater 2: Rage Burst – PS Vita
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D – 3DS
- Nanatsunotaizai Shinjitsu no Enzai – 3DS
- Youkai Watch 2: Headliner – 3DS
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse – PS3
- God Eater 2: Rage Burst – PS4
- Samurai Warriors 4-II – PS3
- The Order: 1886 – PS4
- Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS – 3DS
- Monster Hunter 4G – 3DS
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse – PS4
- Pokémon Alpha Sapphire – 3DS
- Pokémon Omega Ruby – 3DS
- Samurai Warriors 4-II – PS4
- Yuki Tomo Na wa Yushadearu Jukai no Kioku – PS Vita
- Super Smash Bros. For Wii U – Wii U
- Dead or Alive 5: Last Round – PS4
- Far Cry 4 – PS3
Predictably, Dragon Quest Hersoes smashes every possible competition this week, even if we’ll have to wait for Wednesday’s Media Create charts to see exactly how much it sold. The PS3 version outsold the PS4 version, and that’s also quite predictable, as PS4 users in Japan seem to prefer digital downloads.
The PS Vita version of God Eater 2: Rage Burst also holds strong, dropping only to third position after its debut at the top last week. The Order: 1886 doesn’t drop as much as I expected (western shooters normally do quite sharply in their second week, or disappear from the chart altogether), remaining in the top half of the chart with a well deserved 10th place.