Dragon's Crown Gets New Patch, "Ultimate" Difficulty, Raises Cap to Level 255, Opens New Dungeon
Atlus just released a new patch of the PS3/PS Vita side scrolling JRPG Dragon’s Crown, bringing quite a few interesting new elements to the game. Here are the full patch notes:
- Improved operational stability under certain circumstances.
- If you clear the ninth level of the Labyrinth of Chaos you can now select the “ultimate” level of difficulty at the temple.
- When you’re playing on “ultimate” you can access the new automatically generated dungeon “Sky Road of Dreams.”
- On “ultimate” difficulty the level cap has been raised from level 99 to level 255.
- Both the up arrows and the L button can now be individually used as item shortcuts.
- Damage can now be displayed as a total number.
- Silhouettes can now be displayed on the foreground to improve visibility.
- On a save game with a cleared game it’s possible to skip the initial phase of the story with new characters and start with the search for the talismans.
- It’s possible to skip quests that have already been completed once.
- Adjusted skill effects and actions for each class.
- Adjusted behavior of NPCs.
- Adjusted effects and rules of equipment and items in the Arena.
- Made all round improvements to the system in order to enhance operability and ease of use.
That’s definitely a big patch, and those that loved the game like me will now have two and a half as many levels worth of progression. We’ll have to see just how nightmarish the new level of difficulty will be.
It’s worth mentioning that for the moment the patch has been released only in Japan, but Atlus USA is normally quite quick at localizing them.