Red Thread Games and Deep Silver have been hard at work on the console version of their continuation from the 1999 point-and-click adventure title, The Longest Journey. Today, Dreamfall Chapters launches on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, along with an official launch trailer.
In Dreamfall Chapters, you will play as three characters across two parallel worlds. There is a dark, cyberpunk future as well as a mysterious fantasy setting, in which the characters must fight to prevent the fabric of their realities from deteriorating.
For those returning to Dreamfall Chapters, Red Thread Games promises that the game’s new version will have various tweaks from the original, including updated character models, animations, lighting, and special effects. In addition, the team has expanded the game’s soundtrack and sound-effects in order to deepen the immersion experience.
Here are a few other key gameplay features that the developer has noted:
- GRIPPING STORY: Experience a deep and emotional storyline with over 100 fully voiced characters in EN and DE and continue the epic saga of The Longest Journey
- FAR-REACHING DECISIONS: Shape the story and the course of your journey through your choices and actions, and live with the surprising and sometimes devastating consequences
- EXCITING EXPLORATION: Delve into over 50 beautifully crafted locations, exploring each of them using the direct control interface
- DIVERSE WORLDS: Explore beautiful, rich, detailed and original worlds that combine a stunning cyberpunk vision of our future with magical fantasy, along with a broken and decaying dreamscape
- THREE PLAYABLE CHARACTERS: Play as three different characters, all on journeys across worlds, through life, and into their own hearts and souls
- CHALLENGING PUZZLES & RIDDLES: Solve the completely plot-driven puzzles and riddles which are an integral part of the game’s narrative
Dreamfall Chapters is now available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for $29.99.