Alkemi announced today the official release date for its action rpg shoot-em-up Drifting Lands. The game is currently in Early Access on PC via Steam and is scheduled to officially release on June 5, 2017. Since entering Early Access in January 2017, the game has been able to maintain a ‘Very Positive’ rating among users on Steam. Alongside the official release date announcement, we also have a new trailer which can be seen below.
Drifting Lands offers players randomly generated levels, so the replayability is virtually endless. Similar to other RPG’s, the game also features various different active and passive powers that can be used to assist the player in combat.
If this is your first time hearing about Drifting Lands, here is a quick description of the game, courtesy of Alkemi:
- randomy generated missions for replayability
- 100 levels of difficulty to climb with your skill or your ability to optimize your gear and powers
- 70 active and passive powers with various effects: dash, area of effect attacks, time control, etc.
- a complex item generation system with a lot of stat modifiers to optimize, unique items with “game changer” powers
- 3 classes of ships for different profiles of players
- Not your usual bland heroic fantasy universe
Drifting Lands is designed to meet both shmup and hack & slash enthusiasts’ expectations.
With the choice of your class, you’ll have the opportunity to take control of different ships, best suited to your favorite gameplay style.
You’re a super player of bullet hells and don’t mind dying on the first few impacts ?
You’ll find a perfect class for you with high-damages / low-resistances interceptors. You’ll benefit from a smart customization of your gear, but your performances on the field will be mainly based on your skill.
You enjoy the progressive design of a powerfull build through skills and inventory optimization ?
Your class will offer more resistant ships, able to put up with a lot more impacts. But if you want to shine, you’ll have to be smart in the selection of your special powers and how you create synergies with your equipment!
Drifting Lands is currently available on PC via Steam Early Access. The game is scheduled to leave Early Access on June 5, 2017.