Hi guys! Wow, what a week. Especially if you work at BioWare. The Mass Effect 3 controversy has been the talk of the town this past week. Everyone seemed to have an opinion about the ending to Mass Effect and whether or not BioWare “delivered what they promised”. Fans, non-fans, and even the developers themselves threw in their two cents. Even Joel took some time to write a letter to the upset fans and weigh in on the fall out. We’re not ashamed to admit that things got a little heated in ShockCast this week. That’s what awesome though! We love talking about video games. Who doesn’t like a good old fashioned debate on “gamer entitlement and the definition behind it?”
I will admit this: DualShockers has got some of the most opinionated readers out there, and we appreciate it when we can all sit down and have really great discussions. Even though it seems like Mass Effect has been on every ones lips lately, we did manage to cover other news (shocking right?). Here’s a summary of what happened last week.
Alexa finished up her GDC coverage. She also reviews Journey, a fantastic game that really pushes the idea the video games are another form of artistic expression. Chistmas came a little early for Diableo III fans when Blizzard announced the Diablo III release date. In another unprecedented event, Wasteland 2, surpasses their $900,000 Kickstarter goal in two days. Are we witnessing a change in how the industry works? Is Kickstarter a good thing for gaming or a bad thing? I think we’ll all be asking these questions to ourselves these next couple of weeks.
We, at DualShockers, like to ask those uncomfortable questions. We also like to weigh in on things that are happening in the industry. If we didn’t ask questions, what would be the point? We encourage you guys to do the same. Just don’t like, go overboard or anything.
Thanks again guys.
GDC 2012 Coverage
- Lego Batman 2: DC Superhoes Does Justice to the League
- Datura Blurs the Line Between Game and Reality
- Jenova Chen Unravels the Secrets Behind Journey
- Hands-On Impressions: Sleeping Dogs
- Preview: Auto Club Revolution
- Mass Effect Developer Encourages Gamers to “Stop Thinking They Are Producers”
- Editor’s Blog: Game Developer’s Conference 2012
- Then and Now: The Ninja Gaiden Series
- Occupy Developers: An Open Letter to Ending-Hating Gamers
- ShockWave: Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Original Soundtrack
- Kojima’s Take on the Future of Japanese Video Games
- Guild Wars 2 Beta Invites Coming Your Way, But Remember the First Rule of Fight Club
- Fancy Playing Some Music from Bastion? Its Sheet Music is Available for Free.
- Claptrap’s Borderlands 2 Love Letter Proves PC is the Definitive Version
- One in Five Mass Effect 3 Players Agree: FemShep is Most Best
- Pre-Orders of The Witcher 2 Dark Edition Sold Out In Europe
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Getting a Free DLC Spec Ops Mission
- New Max Payne 3 Trailer Showcases Visual Effects and Cinematics
- Diablo III Will Drop on May 15
- Wasteland 2 Is a Reality, Surpasses $900,000 Kickstarter Goal in Two Days
- Check out the Link and Samus Costumes in Dynasty Warriors Vs.
- Launch Trailer Published for Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja STORM Generations
- BioShock Infinite’s Latest Heavy Hitter Video is All About the Handyman
- Bioware Adds Multiplayer Promo Codes to Digital Copies of Art Book and Comics
- Star Wars: The Old Republic is “Still Growing”
- Dragon’s Dogma Trailer Showcases The Strategy Behind The Pawns
- Club Nintendo Offering Free Kid Icarus AR Card Pack for Members
- Civilization V Screens — Bringing Back Religion
- Guild Wars 2 Getting Regular, Deluxe, and Collector’s Editions, Minimum Specs Detailed
- Is SkullGirls Coming Out Next Month?
- Techmo Koei Publishes Ninja Gaiden 3 Launch Trailer
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Ends With Episode 2
- XSEED Games To Publish on Steam, Starting With Ys Titles
- First Screens of Sins of a Dark Age Appear
- New Ninja Gaiden 3 Screens Show…Momijii!
- Sign Up for Austin Wintory’s Newsletter, Get Journey Music
- The XBLA Gamerscore Limit Has Just Been Doubled for Games, DLC Gets Its Own New Rules
- Uncharted 3 Co-op Shade Survival Mode Gets a Trailer
- ArenaNet Thanks Potential Beta Testers With Guild Wars 2 Trailer
- Bioshock Infinite to Have Out-of-the-Box Move Support
- Onimusha Soul Comes from Capcom This Summer