E3 2011: Nintendo Marks Zelda's 25th Anniversary With Four Zelda Games, Two Albums
After a lovely orchestra performance, Miyamoto announced that, to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Zelda franchise, they will have four big Zelda videogame releases this year.
- Link’s Awakening released today on 3DS Virtual Console
- Ocarina of Time 3D released next weekend
- Four Swords as free DSiWare in September
- Skyward Sword on Wii this holiday season
A gold Zelda-styled Wii remote will come out with Skyward Sword as a promotional product.
There will also be a nationwide orchestral tour performing Zelda arrangements this year to celebrate the 25th anniversary, and with this, they are releasing two albums:
- The OoT 3D soundtrack with “some of the first registered” copies of OoT 3D with Club Nintendo
- An album based off of the anniversary symphony tour free with Skyward Sword (it wasn’t mentioned if it was limited)
Strong start to their conference, it must be said.