EA Sports Promise Big Changes in NHL 13, Detail Collector’s Edition
Every sports title out of Electronic Arts tends to harp on at least one major update to the game so that it may be marketed as new and fresh. Newly released information from EA touts NHL 13 as having the largest improvements since NHL 07’s Skill Stick system.
In this year’s installment, focus will be placed on skating and the A.I.’s intelligence and awareness on the ice. The new True Performance Skating system will add 1000 new animations and feature, “physics-driven skating,” that, “replicates the explosiveness, momentum and top end speed displayed by today’s NHL players.” Coupled with the Skill Stick system, EA has promised that NHL 13 will provide every gamer with the entire skillset of an NHL player. So, this can be the last NHL game, right?
Hockey I.Q. was also announced with its focus to update the A.I. to become aware of every player on the ice rather than just the puck-handler. Improvements to the GM and NHL Moments Live systems were also announced. Without going into any detail, EA also announced further, “improvements to core offline and online modes, including Hockey Ultimate Team, Be a Pro, EA SPORTS Hockey League, a refined on-ice presentation, and more.”
Finally, specifics regarding the Stanley Cup Collector’s Edition were also revealed:
– Exclusive collectible Stanley Cup® tin featuring an embossed Stanley Cup image
– Two Stanley Cup® Theme Hockey Ultimate Team packs featuring randomized player items from the Western and Eastern Conference Champions
– Gold Jumbo Hockey Ultimate Team Pack (Regular) featuring 24 randomized items, including an exclusive Wayne Gretzky Hockey Ultimate Team Legend and six other rare items
– A CCM Boost Pack featuring the all-new CCM RBZ stick (For use in Be a Pro and EA SPORTS™ Hockey League)
– A 10% discount on a one-time purchase at shop.NHL.com
– A complete copy of NHL 13