EA: Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 an “Unstoppable Combination;” Announces Positive Results
Today Electronic Arts released its financial results for the first quarter of Fiscal Year 2017 (related to the period between April 1st and June 31st). All the figures reported are in the black, as you can see from the table below.
CEO Andrew Wilson released a statement in the press release, giving more color on the company’s performance and defining Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 an “unstoppable combination.”
“Q1 was a great quarter for Electronic Arts with amazing engagement in our global communities. EA is leading our industry through innovation, with more of our biggest games powered by Frostbite, breakthrough EA SPORTS titles on console and mobile, and the unstoppable combination of Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 coming this holiday. We’re looking forward to connecting more players around the world to each other through the games they love to play.”
A second statement was also provided by CFO Blake Jorgensen, mostly focused on mobile offerings:
“Our digital business drove this quarter, particularly outperformance from FIFA Ultimate Team on console and Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes on mobile. This success along with the launch of NBA LIVE Mobile gives us great confidence in our ability to operate and add new live services through the year.
Alongside the results, we get a few highlights showcasing the results achieved by EA’s games. Interestingly, Star Wars: Battlefront retains a sizable player base several months after its release, with over 6.6 million unique players between April 1st and June 30th.
- The Battlefield™ franchise, led by Battlefield 4™, had more than 11.5 million unique players during Q1
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ had more than 6.6 million unique players in Q1.
- Madden NFL 16 unique players increased more than 20% year-over-year during Q1.
- Madden NFL Mobile had 25% more monthly active players in Q1 over last year.
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes players averaged nearly 2.5 hours of gameplay per day in Q1.
- EA titles shown at EA PLAY and E3 garnered 81 awards, including the Best Action Game for Battlefield 1 and Best Online Multiplayer for Titanfall® 2 from the E3 Game Critics.
- The EA Access subscriber base more than doubled year-over-year in Q1.
Below you can also check out the line-up of titles in the pipeline for the upcoming fiscal year, with Mass Effect: Andromeda confirmed for Q4 (between January 1st and March 31st, 2017).