Electronic Arts Boasts Growth in Financial Results, 54 Million Players for Battlefield Franchise
Electronic Arts announced positive financial results for the last quarter of fiscal year 2018, while the Battlefield franchise reaches 54 Million Players.
Today Electronic Arts announced its financial results for the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2018, which is related to the period between January 1st and March 31st.
You can check out the relevant figures in the table below. As you can see, all the income figures are in the black, showing growth year-on-year.
The results for the full fiscal year also show growth improvements the board.
Chief Executive Officer Andrew Wilson also offered a statement commenting on the publisher’s performance to accompany the press release. He boasts growth and “continued transformation,” promising “amazing new experiences and new IP” for the current fiscal year.
“Fiscal 2018 was a year of strong growth and continued transformation for Electronic Arts, as we expanded the reach of our leading franchises like FIFA, Battlefield and The Sims to more players across more platforms and geographies. In the year ahead, we will expand the world of play with amazing new experiences and new IP, more competition, and industry-leading subscription programs. There has never been a more exciting time to be engaging and entertaining global communities.”
Chief Financial Officer Blake Jorgensen also made his own statement, stressing on the relevance of the long-running games as a service.
“Electronic Arts had another record year. Our success is driven by the way we have changed, and continue to change, our relationship with players. They want more depth in their favorite games, and fresh content that can hold their attention year-round. This has made our business much more stable and enabled us to deliver a dependable and growing cash flow to investors.”
The press release also included a list of highlights outlining the publisher’s achievements during the quarter.
- Digital net bookings was $3.538 billion for fiscal 2018, up 17% year-over-year and represents 68% of total net bookings.
- The EA SPORTS franchises grew to nearly 90 million players on current generation consoles life to date.
- Nearly 18 million players engaged in competitive gaming across FIFA 18 and Madden NFL 18, up more than 75% year-over-year.
- The Battlefield community, across current generation consoles and PC HD, now has more than 54 million players life to date.
- The Sims community had more than 80 million Sims players across PC and mobile in fiscal 2018.
If you want to compare today’s results with those for the third quarter of fiscal year 2018, you can check out our dedicated article from the end of January.