Electronic Arts Posts Positive Financial Results; Boasts Leadership for PS4 and Xbox One Sales
Electronic Arts just posted its financial results for the quarter ended September 30th, and they’re definitely positive ones, with everything in the black and overtaking the same quarter last year by a good chunk.
A few more announcements have been made, providing more color on the financial results:
- Calendar year to date, EA continues to be the #1 publisher on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One consoles in the Western World, led by FIFA 15, NHL 15, Madden NFL 15, EA SPORTSTM UFC®, TitanfallTM, Battlefield 4TM, and FIFA 14.
- In fiscal Q2, EA’s players logged more than 1.9 billion hours of gameplay on console and PC.
- Monthly active users for EA’s mobile titles averaged over 155 million in Q2.
- EA’s mobile sports games averaged more than 40 million monthly active users in Q2, up 250% year-over-year, driven by Madden NFL Mobile and FIFA 15 Ultimate Team™ Mobile.
- To date, players have logged more than 89 million games of Madden NFL 15, up 48% year-over-year.
- Battlefield Hardline™ will launch on March 17, 2015 in North America, and beginning on March 19, 2015 in Europe.
Time to get ready for some cops and robbers actions. Looks like the publisher wisely avoided the February sinkhole for Battlefield Hardline, since the month seems already definitely crowded.
Below you can see the detailed financial results split by platform (and no, PS4 and Xbox One aren’t given separate figures, sorry about that).