Today, developer Amplitude Studios and publisher Sega announced a new update for their sci-fi strategy game Endless Space 2. The update — which becomes available today — adds a new major faction, the United Empire, to the game, plus three new minor factions and gameplay changes including an increased turn limit, a reworked truce system and more.
Endless Space 2’s first major update includes the folliwing:
- New major faction: The United Empire, which features economics-focused gameplay based on the generation and use of influence.
- Three minor factions: The Pilgrims & Amoeba factions from the original Endless Space, and the new Z’vali faction have been added.
- Minor faction quests: Players can now assimilate minor factions through various special quests.
- Increased turn limit: Players can now play up to 200 turns. Players can choose to continue their game after achieving a victory at turn 100.
- Marketplace: Allows players to acquire resources and heroes in exchange for Dust
- Technology Tree: Era 4 of the Tech Tree has been added, offering for more research paths, unlocks and buildings
- Addition of deeds: Players will receive special rewards for performing specific actions
In addition to the features listed above, Amplitude Studios has also — once again — revamped the truce and weapons system based off fan feedback. With the reworked truce system, a truce will no longer be forced, but will instead be based on civil unrest. With the reworked ship design system, players no longer have any restrictions on weapons, as all hulls can use kinetics, beams, lasers and missiles.
Endless Space 2 is currently available on PC via Steam in Early Access form for $29.99 USD — at least for the standard edition. The deluxe edition will cost you $37.49 USD.
A new trailer highlighting the game’s newest major faction — The United Empire — accompanies the update. You can check it out below: