Endless Space 2 Gets Huge Multiplayer Update, New Trailer Released
Amplitude Studios has released a pretty sizable update for their 4X sci-fi title, Endless Space 2. The update brings new features and improvements including the highly anticipated multiplayer mode.
Amplitude Studios announced today that a huge new update for their 4X sci-fi game, Endless Space 2, is currently available. The new update brings a host of new features and improvements, the biggest being the implementation of multiplayer which a lot of players, including myself have been waiting for. Alongside the announcement of the update, we also get a new trailer showcasing the update and features, which can be seen below.
Romain de Waubert de Genlis, Creative Director at Amplitude Studios, had this to say regarding the update:
“Our team has worked hard on getting the multiplayer ready for players and we can’t wait to hear what everyone thinks. This Early Access iteration is a great opportunity for us to make sure that Multiplayer is optimal for the release.”
Here is a quick breakdown of some of the features and changes coming to Endless Space 2:
- The Riftborn civilization: Featuring gameplay that revolves around a unique mechanic, the control of time, which they use to their advantage to completely change the course of the game.
- Multiplayer: Up to eight players can go head to head and battle for supremacy.
- New galaxy shapes: The universe is expanding with a Spiral-8 and an Ovoid galaxy.
- More life to the galaxy: New solar winds, nebulas and trading ships.
- AI ameliorations: Enhanced AI in Diplomacy and Battle.
- Improvements to the Battle System and Technology Tree.
- New tutorial for “Advanced” players: Offering tips and support for those more experienced players of the game.
- MUCH MORE!
Endless Space 2 is currently available on Steam via Early Access for $29.99 with a Deluxe Edition available for $37.49.