Endless Space 2 Stellar Prisoner Update Adds a Brand New Quest
Endless Space 2 has received Update 1.0.18, dubbed The Stellar Prisoner, which adds a new quest alongside other improvements to things such as AI and modding.
Amplitude Studios and SEGA released a free “Stellar Prisoner” update for their popular 4X grand strategy game Endless Space 2 that adds a brand new quest to the game alongside improvements to AI, modding and performance.
You can check out the highlights of what’s been added in the update below:
- Neutron Star: a brand new vibrant battle arena that provides bonuses to players who control this special node
- A new quest triggered upon the discovery of the Neutron Star
- A new Endless Virtual hero
- A new Cravers Prime hero, unlocked by the community during the E.N.F.E.R. ARG
- Two new unique planets
- Modding improvements: ability to edit visuals (hero, quests, events) and textures (planets, ships).
For those who don’t know, this game is a sequel Amplitude Studios’ Endless Space, which was released back in 2012. The game sees players take the role of a leader who is trying to make a new civilization in the depths of space; this new story quest in the update involves a mysterious prisoner that was trapped on a neutron star. Endless Space 2 entered Early Access on October 6 of last year, and saw a stream of updates until it finally came out May 19.
Endless Space 2 is currently available on PC for $39.99, and also has a Digital Deluxe Edition, which includes a Digital Soundtrack, Pathfinder Academy heroes, and Hero ship skins.