ESO Update 2.2 Patch Notes for July 28 - PS4, PS5, and Xbox
A new hotfix is now available.
ESO update 2.20 is now available on consoles as the maintenance finished later last night.
If you can’t use mods, the only way to keep exploring and spending time in The Elder Scrolls universe is its Online version, which hopefully receives continuous support from developers.
- CHECK THIS OUT: When Will Splitgate Servers Be Back Online?
Last night, players couldn’t connect to the online servers in the console version of The Elder Scrolls Online due to maintenance. Soon after the servers came back online, ZeniMax shared the new patch notes for ESO update 2.20/1.24.5, which only includes hotfixes.
This new update wipes out a bunch of issues in the communication tools, whether it is text or voice chat. Also, a few bugs have been fixed in Crown Store and UI.
ESO Update 2.20/1.24.5 Patch Notes
- Survey Report biomes for Blackwood are now clustered closer together, based on your feedback.
- Fixed an issue where Western Skyrim survey reports of the same type would consume two instead of one.
Alliance War & PvP
- Fixed an issue where previously deleted characters that were restored by Support could not become Emperor in campaigns.
Art & Animation
- Fixed an issue where Novice Gear wasn’t appearing on a new character during character creation.
Audio (PS5 Only)
- Restored missing audio on PlayStation 5 during the startup animations with the Bethesda and ZeniMax Online Studios logos, as well as the audio for the opening cinematic.
Crown Store & Crown Crates
- Updated the text on the Resplendent Sweetroll furnishing to reflect that the version acquired with Seals of Endeavor cannot be converted to Crown Gems.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash if a monster died after one of its attackers left the area it perished.
- Fixed some cases where blocking other players didn’t prevent them from messaging you.
- Fixed an issue where you could send mail to deleted characters.
- You will no longer automatically start transmitting in Area channels unless you choose to, and the enable/disable microphone button will now accurately represent its setting.
- Fixed an issue where you could hear players from other alliances while in Area chat in Cyrodiil.
- Xbox Only: Fixed a UI error with voice chat that could cause an error message to pop up when changing regions.
- PS5 Only: Fixed a crash that could occur on PlayStation 5 when manually exiting out of the introductory cinematic.
- PS5 Only: Fixed a crash that could occur on PlayStation 5 when using the Bone Dragon Summons Focus Memento.
- PS4 Only: Fixed a crash that could occur on PlayStation 4 when someone is promoted to group leader in the PSN system dialogue.
- Fixed a UI error that would occur after talking to the Smuggler Assistant.
- Fixed a UI error that would occur when opening the deposit tab of a storage chest.
- Fixed a UI error when navigating to the Outfit Styles collections book after leaving the costume tab on an Outfit Station.
- Fixed an issue where some weapon or armor styles were not translated correctly in the French game client.
The Elder Scrolls Online is now available on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and PC. The game is available through Xbox Game Pass as well, but in order to get access to the latest expansion, Blackwood, you will need to purchase it separately.
Recently, Bethesda and ZeniMax Online launched an enhancement update The Elder Scrolls Online, which makes it look and run better on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S.