Atlus USA announced a very nice deal for players purchasing the upcoming collaborative title Etrian Mystery Dungeon: there will be tons of free DLC available to download right after launch, as well as a new theme.
The DLC will be free for the first month until May 5th, when it reverts back to paid DLC. The first set of content require you to find a lost adventurer in the dungeons.
They will give you recipes that unlock meals prepared by the NPC Niralda in the Amber Cafe. Players can purchase the meals for each of the party members to apply buffs that last until they leave the dungeon:
- Find a Wanderer for me! Find the master chef Wanderer to unlock three new recipes for the Amber Restaurant! ($1.49)
- Find a Princess for me! Find the stray Sovereign to unlock a meal fit for a king in the Amber Restaurant! ($1.99)
- Find a Landsknecht for me! Find the adventurous Landsknecht to unlock three new recipes for the Amber Restaurant! ($1.49)
The last two DLC quests are repeatable ones that players can receive from Niralda as well:
- Know the Red Pookas? Slay a Red Pooka wandering around the dungeon to receive a Golden or White potion for extra experience! ($1.99)
- Slay the Gold Guardian! Defeat an elusive Gold Guardian in the dungeon to receive a Nugget of Gold fragment for extra gold! ($1.49)
Starting March 31st, a new theme for the game will become available (for $.99) and it features scrolling character art (hand-drawn and 3D), plays the main Etrian Mystery Dungeon theme song and has custom folders. Check out the video showing off the theme below:
Finally, a new class known as the Wanderer has been revealed for the title:
Wanderers are skilled swordwielders who clear hidden paths and use skills targeted towards insects, plants, animals even dragons. They also really like rice balls. You can check out the trailer for this class below.