Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Will Bring New Life to Indian Subcontinent
Coming later this year, the Europa Universalis IV: Dharma DLC expansion promises to add new content to India.
Take hold of the Peacock Throne in Europa Universalis IV‘s latest DLC pack entitled Europa Universalis IV: Dharma, which promises to release sometime this year.
According to Paradox Interactive:
Dharma is the newest expansion for Europa Universalis IV, Paradox Development Studio’s best selling history strategy game about the early modern era. Dharma puts greater emphasis on peacetime interactions, especially for the varied nations of India and those colonial powers who want to make their fortune in Asia. This government design feature is the most significant change in Dharma, with some exclusive reforms for many nations.
In Dharma, players will find a new level of customization for their governments, since not every monarchy should be the same! Design a kingdom or republic with new reforms and upgrades as the balance of priorities shifts around you.
Europa Universalis IV: Dharma promises new content to accompany the rise of the Mughal Empire. In addition to fleshing out the Indian Subcontinent, the DLC promises to add:
- Design Your Government: Unlock reforms that will define how you govern your kingdom or republic, earning free policies and boosting the power of some estates.
- Reworked Policy System: Policies get a new look in the free update, but Dharma will include special bonuses that make this system even more attractive.
- Trade Company Investments: Upgrade and improve the provinces tied to your trade companies, conferring bonuses both to the European master and neighboring Indian nations.
- New Cossack Government: Exclusive for owners of The Cossacks expansion.
- New Indian Mission Trees: Unique mission paths for the most important Indian sultanates and kingdoms.
- New Indian Estates: Alongside a free update to the estate system, India gets five new castes. Raise the brahmins to reduce unrest in a province or install Jain governors for a boost to income while reducing manpower..
- New Mughal Culture Bonus: The Mughal Empire can assimilate and accommodate newly conquered cultures with ease.
- Charter Companies: Europeans can buy a foothold into trade charter zones in Africa and Asia, if they can find a prince that trusts them.
- Upgraded Trade Centers: Invest in the development of your Centers of Trade
- And more, including: new ways to suppress rebellion, the monsoon season, new uses for colonists in non-colonial development, scornful insults, multiplayer teams, new art, and a host of new achievements.
Additionally, players who do not purchase DLC or just don’t pick up Dharma will still be able to enjoy some new content. As usual, Europa Universalis IV: Dharma will be accompanied by a free update to the base game, promising a major reworking of the game’s map of India, Tibet, and Burma.
Europa Universalis IV: Dharma will be rolling out to players sometime in 2018 with a retail price of $19.99. You can check out the announcement trailer below to get an idea of what Dharma will be like.