Evil Dead 2 x Phantom Halls Gets New Trailer To Celebrate Launch; Full Patch Notes Released
The launch trailer for Evil Dead 2 x Phantom Halls, which adds new areas, enemies, and items based on the Sam Raimi horror parody, has been released.
Today developer Incendium Games released a brand new trailer for Evil Dead 2 x Phantom Halls, the brand new update for its action adventure horror game Phantom Halls.
The trailer, which you can check out at the end of the article, shows off some of the first gameplay from the new update.
Evil Dead 2 x Phantom Halls is an expansion that, as the name suggests, crosses over with Sam Raimi’s 80’s horror parody of the same name. In it, players will be able to take control of Ash as he blasts his way through quite a few missions and locations inspired by the film, such as the Cursed Forest and the infamous Cabin. In addition to that, players will have a number of different weapons in their arsenal, like a possessed deer head, and a corrupted tree.
You can check out the full patch notes for the update below:
- Added the Cursed Forest environment.
- Added the Cabin, the first new structure to explore beyond the Phantom Halls mansion.
- Added the quest “Read By Dawn” for Ash.
- Added the quest “Dead Language” for the Nerd.
- Added the quest “DIY Hard” for the Hillbilly.
- Added reel 2 reel tape player, which unnerves characters that are nearby, reducing accuracy and slowing melee attack speed.
- Added the possessed deer head, which can come to life and gore you.
- Added the corrupted tree, which can crush unsuspecting bystanders.
- Added Deadite enemies.
- Added the ability to quickly switch to the next, usable weapon (The key is bound to Z by default, but will have to be manually bound if keybindings already exist)
- Fixed erroneous Ash dialogue trigger (Spoke about machete when looted bat)
- Fixed an issue where characters could “change directions” while busy.
- Reduced cool down on Ash’s chainsaw attack, revamped animation and extended duration of damage dealt, but it does need to rev up first!
- Full polish pass on giblets and splatter. It’s Evil Dead 2, we needed more gore!
If you’re looking for more Evil Dead 2, then there is no need to worry. Another update will be coming later this week which will add a new boss, a new item, and more.
The Evil Dead 2 x Phantom Halls update is available right now free of charge. If you want to pick up the game, then now is the perfect time as it’s currently 50% off, bringing the price down from $8.99 to $4.49.
Phantom Halls joined Steam’s Early Access program back on March 13th, 2017. As of the time of this writing, an official release date has not been announced.