Since its launch last month, players in the online multiplayer shooter Evolve have been hunting and fighting against Monsters (or the other way around) in the game’s numerous modes, and coming just over a month since the game’s release, it’s about to receive a big patch with some new character balancing and changes.
In a new post by developer Turtle Rock Studios, the upcoming Patch 1.3 was detailed with full patch notes for what to expect in the latest update – the most notable changes will be for the game’s varying Monsters and Hunters, with some getting more dramatic changes to lower characters perceived to be overpowered (such as the highly-criticized Wraith), while making some changes to certain moves and abilities of other characters to be more effective, but not unfair (such as Hyde’s Toxic Grenade).
Patch 1.3 is currently live now on the PC version of Evolve, while the new update will be coming to the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game next week.
Evolve is currently available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC – you can check out the full list of patch notes from Turtle Rock Studios below for Patch 1.3:
Evolve 1.3 Patch Notes
- Minor maintenance and improvements
- All monsters can see recent damage on their health bar to help make burst damage visible
- Fixing some flight edge cases that were causing inconsistencies making him too powerful or too weak depending on the situation.
- Cooldown increased by one second.
- Reduced knockback magnitude.
TRANQ DARTS, STASIS GRENADES, AND HARPOONS
- Pull Kraken down at a consistent rate regardless of whether he is in combat or out of combat. (they used to stack outside of combat)
- Kraken’s flight speed is no longer slowed by Tranqs since they pull him to the ground where running speed is affected.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Aftershock to not break harpoon traps or Arc Mines.
- Making her movement speed less bursty which makes her easier to keep track of. Making Supernova less lethal while still allowing it to be just as powerful. Making Warp Blast a damage dealer instead of a traversal mechanic.
- Speed reduced 25%
- Duration decreased by 50%
- Wraith becomes visible for half a second when shot while cloaked.
- Increased cooldown time by 2 seconds.
- Speed reduced by 40%
- Range no longer levels up.
- Radius levels up now.
- Max travel distance set to 30 meters for all levels.
- Damage increased by 10%
- Arc Mine tuning
- Damage reduced by 20%
- Fixed a bug where damage extended past the trigger radius.
- Health reduced by 75%
- Arm time increased by one second.
- Making Toxic Grenade a more effective area of denial weapon while also making it less spammy. Buffing Hyde’s overall damage output.
- DPS increased by 50%
- Added proximity detonation (works vs airborne Kraken now)
- Reduced fire rate
- Reduced lifetime by 15%
- Accuracy increased by 25%
- Damage increased by 20%
- Multifire Rocket Launcher tuning
MULTIFIRE ROCKET LAUNCHER
- Has better accuracy while jumping and jetpacking
- Harpoon Traps tuning
- Arm time increased by one second.
- Sound Spike tuning
- Now detect stealthing monsters within a 15 meter radius.
- Radius increased from 50 to 60 meters.
- Guided Missile Launcher tuning
GUIDED MISSILE LAUNCHER
- Damage increased 11%
- Rail Cannon tuning
- Damage reduced by 30%
- Reload time increased by 25%
- Increasing her overall effectiveness.
- Heals 20% faster
- Consumes ammo 2.5x faster.
- Duration increased to 10 seconds (was already 10 seconds on Wraith, now other monsters match)
- Acceleration Field tuning
- Cooldown increased by 15 seconds.