While PlayStation 4 users of Fallout 4 are still sitting idly by waiting for official mod support, PC players got a new update adding some limited features and fixes. The two most notable features include 300 new player names added to Codworth’s name recognition as well as ExitSaves that will automatically save the game when quitting out.
Of course, features aren’t the only thing included in the update. Also present are variety of small bug repairs and UI fixes to tie a bow on the package.
While there is no explicit date to when this would occur, most patches are later applied to console versions of the game. For a full list of what is included in Fallout 4 1.6, check out the list below
- ExitSave – Exiting to the Main Menu will create an ExitSave. During next play session, the ExitSave will delete itself after you load it. The Existsave works in all difficulty levels including Survival.
- New Add On specific icons in Workshop mode
- More than 300 new player names added to Codsworth’s vocabulary
- Support for upcoming Add Ons
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed a crash related to targeting an enemy weapon while in VATS
- Fixed an issue where a Companion would become stuck walking and unable to run
- Fixed issue in “Mankind Redefined” to prevent the player from getting stuck in elevators while in Mass Fusion Building
- In “Boston After Dark” quest now completes properly when waiting for Old Man Stockton
- Fixed occasional issue where player would become permanently invisible
- Dead settlers can no longer be commanded or assigned to supply lines
- Fixed issue where deleting saved games would cause other saves to disappear
- Fixed occasional issues with activating mods that did not come from Bethesda.net
- Minor bug fixes and optimizations to Mods load order and browsing