F1 2021 Update 1.07 Today (August 23) - Patch Notes & PS5 3D Audio Return
PS5 users rejoice!
PlayStation 5 users will be pleased to know that 3D Audio has made a return to F1 2021 in the latest update, which was deployed on August 23.
Although many fans will be talking about the return of 3D Audio for the PlayStation 5, the update does include plenty of other bug fixes on other platforms.
Patch 1.07 is available right now for all platforms. Check out the full patch notes right here in this article.
- MORE: How to Get Madden NFL 22 Prime Gaming Rewards
3D Audio Returns
F1 2021 has had some rocky issues when it comes to the PlayStation 5 version of the game.
When Patch 1.04 was released on July 15th, it was noted that the Ray Tracing option had been removed on the PS5 due to instability issues. The developers noted that they were aiming to have this issue resolved as quickly as possible. It was later enabled once again in the following update.
But it wasn’t long until a new issue with F1 2021 arose on the PS5, as 3D Audio was disabled in Patch 1.06 due to certain audio issues.
Thankfully though, the latest patch has arrived and the issue has been resolved as 3D Audio has returned in F1 2021 on the PlayStation 5. Users will be required to download the latest update before they can use 3D Audio once more.
F1 2021 – 1.07 Patch Notes
Below you will find the official patch notes for the F1 2021 update that was deployed on August 23. These notes were taken from the official EA website.
Patch 1.07 is out now on all platforms. Check out what’s in this patch below:
- Addressed an issue where Xbox users could fail to join an online session with error WS10004
- Re-enabled 3D audio for PS5 headsets and addressed the underlying issue
- F2™ races that finish due to the 1-hour time limit no longer result in the incorrect positions being awarded
- Fixed an issue where driver stats were reset to baseline stats and not taking upgrades into consideration
- Addressed an issue where players could start a lap ahead at certain tracks
- Distort sponsor will now correctly pay out the sponsor bonus after achieving the goals
- Driver name filters have been updated for career
- Addressed an issue where audio could drop out during an extended play period
- The vehicle halo will no longer have low shadow resolution
- Fanatec advanced paddle module top paddles will now be correctly recognised
- Addressed an issue with saturated characters in the background of meet the press sequences with HDR enabled
- Closing the game during the season transition in MyTeam no longer results in the user having no team name, engine supplier or sponsor
- Viewing a highlight or replay after a race no longer causes game resolution to change on ultrawide screens
- Addressed an issue where users could have negative resource points
- DRS Beep audio level has been increased
- AI will no longer overtake the safety car when it is ending
- Collision setting will now be retained if changed between sessions
- Addressed an issue where the ERS deploy setting could display “To Do”
- UDP: m_resultStatus no longer shows as active after the race has finished
- UDP: Correct number of laps now shown in final classification
- UDP: Session history information from previous session is no longer sent following a restart
- UDP: LapHistoryData will now be correctly sent for an active car following a retirement
- On-Demand leagues can now turn AI reserves off
- Very Short has been added to the session length filter in social play
- Ability to hide the menu when customising camera settings has been re-added
- Added quality options and sharpening slider for DLSS
- Rebalanced chapters 3, 5, 9 and 12 on Challenging difficulty in Braking Point
- Rebalanced chapters 3, 5 and 12 on Hard difficulty in Braking Point
- General stability improvements
- Various minor fixes