Ever wonder what the hell would happen if all the little fairytale characters we grew up with suddenly decided to go on a rampage, developed the lust for blood, and began to mutilate anything in their path to try to re-establish peace in the land of fairytales? Probably not because those of us who would even admit such thoughts would probably be confined in a mental institution. That, or you will never get laid. Ever. But, aside from all these things, those of you who are enslaving those thoughts from ever leaving the clutches of your minds will be delighted to know that Playlogic Entertainment announced today that fairytale characters will, indeed, be beating things to death, literally.
Fairytale Fights takes popular characters and tales from the tabernacle of well known fairytales and turns them into the most brutal idols ever perceived by man as players must fight their way through hordes of bloodthirsty enemies on a quest to restore their own personal honor and re-establish peace in their very own land. If you’ve ever seen the South Park episode Imagionation Land, it seems like something along those lines; except of using pre-rendered construction paper, players will be enveloped in a world rendered using the Unreal 3 Engine.
Inspired by freakish cartoons like Itchy and Scratchy from The Simpsons, and featuring a colorful and disctinct art style, players can coopertatively complete quests in the single-player storyline or compete in chaotic multiplayer battles with up to 4 players. I would love nothing more than to take up arms as a Leprechaun or the Tooth Fairy and beat things in the name of all that is small.
Fairytale Fights will allow our sick minds to take part of this mayhem on October 27th here in the states. Oh, look at that – four days before Halloween. What’s a better way to celebrate the creepiest, frightful day of the day other than sitting home and abusing watchamacallits using an arsenal of over 100 weapons. My god… and the bullshit our parents fed us about fairytales being peaceful…
For more additional features, hit the jump…
Additional Game Features:
- Dynamic Slicing – Playlogic’s proprietary mechanic allows players to cut anything off of any enemy anywhere in real time, rendering repetitive collision-based canned animations a thing of the past.
- Volumetric Liquid System – Blood, acid, vomit and goop, it’s all rendered in real time allowing for any liquid to naturally combine with any other (often to hilarious ends), as well as real time trails, footprints and slipping to occur in the bloody mess.
- Co-op for up to 4 players.
- Over 100 weapons.
- One of the most distinctly unique uses of the Unreal 3 Engine on the market.
- Deep and interactive downloadable content to be released on a regular basis post launch.
Fairytale Fights will also be available in Europe on October 23rd. The game will released on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 this fall. PC gamers who are twiddling their thumbs in anticipation will have to wait for 2010. Sorry, fellas. Looks like some people do like to play favoritism.