Fall Guys Update Announced – Adds New Level Into Rotation
Jump Showdown becomes the latest level to add to the carnage.
A day wouldn’t be complete without at least a couple of Fall Guys news stories. Earlier today we reported that the Fall Guys developers were going to be offering players an “in-game reward” to make up for the server issues that have played a part in the game since launch. Now, the official Fall Guys Twitter account has just confirmed that a patch is inbound, and it includes a new level.
The new level, which was included in the beta tests, is Jump Showdown. The level, which is very similar to the Jump Club game, sees players avoiding two spinning poles as the ground falls from underneath them.
The patch, which drops tomorrow, also makes a few smaller changes to different game modes. The full patch notes can be found below:
- Lowered the weighting for Royal Fumble to add more final round variation
- Fixed crash at launch with certain regional calendars set in the operating system
- Improved messaging for matchmaking and server errors
- Fixed physics behaving erratically at high framerate on levels like Tip Toe
- Fixed crown in Fall Mountain not being grabbable in rare situations
- Addressed some collisions in Block Party allowing players to bypass the blocks
- Fixed Parties sometimes failing due to too many requests
- Addressed some special characters causing display issues in player names
- Fixed Big Tease Achievement not unlocking in specific regions
- PC only – Fixed certain game controller models not being detected on PC
The tweet which announces the update also confirms that “More new levels will be coming soon – along with new features & costumes”, something that has been teased before.
Although the game has only been out a week, it’s achieved some incredibly impressive numbers – hitting 1.5 million players in the first 24 hours and selling 2 million copies on Steam already. It’s great to see developers Mediatonic getting right behind the game and adding new levels already. How many crowns do you have now?