Remember Fallout 4‘s new survival mode, currently in beta? Turns out Bethesda needs to add some tweaks before the mode goes live. Yesterday, Bethesda sent out a beta update, adding a new feature and some fixes to Survival Mode — check out the full patch notes below.
There is no indication when the new survival mode will come out of beta on PC, or come to home consoles.
New Survival Features
- Thirst, hunger, sleep and disease icons will change color based on status
- Less food and drink are required to maintain proper sustenance
- Carry capacity lowered
- Sleep cycle has been lowered from 24 hours to 14 hour days
- Reduced chances to getting a disease
- Fusion cores weigh more
- Nuka Cola Quantums no longer cancel out caffeine effect from Nuka Cola and Nuka Cola Cherry
- Fixed occasional issue with becoming parched or peckish when thirst or hunger are actually satisfied
- Fixed issue where Adrenaline effect would incorrectly persist after changing difficulty level
- When companion is down, a quest target will appear on them