Fallout 4 Players Report Game-Breaking Bug
Fallout 4 is a massive game and with so many quests and objectives packed into the world, it is fair to expect the occasional glitch or error. What players on the Bethesda forums are reporting, however, is an instance of a game-breaking bug that prevents them progressing in the game’s story.
The issue arises at the Monsignor Plaza area, after players have reached a certain point in the plot involving the character Valentine. When players reach the designated area, the game crashes and sends them to their desktops on PC. The issue has also been reported on PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game. Users have reported various workarounds on the forums and identified some potential triggers:
- It could also appear after you unlock/pass a certain location.
- If you go back to an earlier save with the crash, you’ll probably find you don’t crash there so it happens at some point later.
- It occurs on PC/PS4 and I believe Xbox One too. (only heard of one occurrence)
- No matter what direction you try to enter the area, it’ll crash.
- Not everybody is getting the crash either, lots of people have completed the game but it’s still fairly popular and the Reddit megathreads have had this bug as the most common.
There has been no official response from Bethesda on the issue.