The first of many Fallout 4 updates is available via Steam for PC users. The beta update brings minor features and updates that will undoubtedly help the all-around stability of the title. Here is what you can expect to see:
- Number pad keys can now be used for remapping
- Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container
- General memory and stability improvements
- Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
- Fixed issue with When Freedom Calls where the quest would not complete
- During Confidence Man, fixed issue where player’s health would continuously regenerate
- Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
- Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly
If you were hoping for more, don’t worry — the beta update is a work in progress. They may add more features and fixes, and there will certainly be more updates in the future.
In order to access and download the beta update, users will need to opt into the Fallout 4 beta program by doing the following:
1. Log into Steam
2. Right Click on Fallout 4 in your Library
3. Select Settings
4. Select Betas
5. A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta Update
6. Select OK.
7. Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update.
8. When done, Fallout 4 should appear as Fallout 4 [beta] in your Library
There is no word when the update will be coming to all PC’s (not enrolled in the beta program) or when it can be expected on home consoles.