After already dropping a first look trailer during the Xbox E3 2018 Press Conference, Bethesda shared a lot more information during their own conference about Fallout 76, the newest addition to the Fallout series after grabbing everyone’s interest with a teaser trailer last month. We finally got a release date. Fallout 76 will be available on November 14th.
Earlier today during Microsoft’s presentation, we learned that Fallout 76 will be a prequel to the series taking place in the year 2102 in the state of West Virginia. Not only is it going to be the largest Fallout game yet, it will be a completely online multiplayer game. Players can work with or against each other as they try to survive, but a solo mode will still be available.
Tonight we learned that players will be one of the few chosen to stay in Vault 76 for twenty-five years waiting for Reclamation Day. After being awakened by an Overseer, they are among the first to emerge in the untamed wasteland of West Virginia. There will be six distinct regions to explore each with their own styles, risks, rewards, and new creatures.
Bethesda also shared that a beta, or Break-it Early Test Application, will be available in a Fallout 76 Power Armor Edition.
- Full-Scale Wearable T-51 Power Armor Helmet with West Tek Canvas Carrying Bag: This wearable helmet faithfully replicates the in-game model and comes complete with voice modulator speaker, functioning LED head lamp, and custom V.A.T.S. sound feature.
- Glow-in-the Dark World Terrain Map: This physical, fully-colorized 21”x 21” glow in the dark vintage map showcases the six distinct regions of West Virginia complete with irradiated landmarks, towns, and wildlife.
- 24 Collectible Fallout Figurines: Crafted from in-game 3D models, these detailed miniatures bring Fallout 76’s Vault Dwellers, Power Armored Soldiers, Creatures, and more to life.
- Tricentennial Edition Steelbook: Exclusive to the Power Armor Edition, this decorated metal case is the ultimate collectible celebrating America’s 300 years of freedom.
- Fallout 76 Tricentennial Edition Bonus In-Game Items: Celebrate 300 years of freedom with the all-new Fallout 76 Tricentennial Edition, commemorating the opening of Vault 76. Be the talk of the town when you emerge from Vault 76 fully prepared and patriotically styled in the new American frontier!
- Access to the Fallout 76 B.E.T.A. (Break-It Early Test Application): Be one of the first to emerge into a new and untamed wasteland.
Fallout 76 will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on November 14th. You can check out the official E3 trailer below as well as one for the game’s Fallout 76 Power Armor Edition. If you head over to Amazon, the game can already be pre-ordered on Amazon.
If you missed any of the announcements during Bethesda’s E3 2018 Press Conference, you can head over here to watch a full recording of the presentation, complete with a performance by Andrew W.K.
This post contains affiliate links where DualShockers gets a small commission on sales. Any and all support helps keep DualShockers as a standalone, independent platform for less-mainstream opinions and news coverage.