Fallout 76: Steel Reign - Everything You Need to Know
Are you ready to return to The Pitt?
Wastelanders are preparing to embark on the new journey that is Fallout 76: Steel Reign, which will welcome a new quest, Legendary Upgrades and more.
Steel Reign will be Fallout 76’s eighth major update, which will conclude the Brotherhood of Steel storyline that begun in 2020’s Steel Dawn.
Legendary Power Armor will also be introduced in Steel Reign, and Bethesda has already teased players’ return to Fallout 3’s The Pitt.
- More Fallout: How to Play Whispering Hills Mod
When is Fallout 76: Steel Reign’s Release Date?
- Fallout 76: Steel Reign will launch on July 7, 2021 on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.
Expected Release Times
- Pacific Time: 4 AM PDT
- Central Time: 6 AM CDT
- Eastern Time: 7 AM EDT
- British Time: 6 AM BST
- European Time: 6 AM CEST
- Indian Time: 10:30 AM IST
- Pacific Time: 9 PM PDT
- Central Time: 12 AM CDT
- Eastern Time: 1 AM EDT
- British Time: 12 AM BST
- European Time: 12 AM CEST
- Pacific Time: 10 AM PDT
- Central Time: 12 PM CDT
- Eastern Time: 1 PM EDT
- British Time: 6 PM BST
- European Time: 7 PM CEST
Brotherhood of Steel Story Conclusion
Steel Reign is set to conclude the Story of the Appalachian Brotherhood, which was first introduced in the Steel Dawn update released last year.
This update will carry over the choices you made in Steel Dawn, which will directly affect the outcome of how to run the Appalachian chapter.
The new chapter has also promised to reintroduce you to familiar characters, as well as present fresh faces to become acquainted with.
Steel Reign will also provide a new quest to follow, which will allow players to get to the bottom of the mysterious uprising of Super Mutants.
Steel Reign will offer new areas to explore, including Uncanny Caverns, West Tek, AMS HQ and more.
Bethesda also teased players’ return to The Pitt a.k.a. Pittsburgh from Fallout 3.
This location will return as a new Expedition to the game in 2022, which will be Fallout 76 players’ first time outside of West Virginia.
All statistics are from Bethesda’s Steel Reign PTS Features and Update Log
The new crafting component Legendary Cores, in addition to some Legendary Modules, will allow you to craft Legendary Upgrades.
Players can craft 1-, 2-, and 3-star Legendary Upgrades, and the crafting materials increase based on the following tiers you select:
- Upgrade: Modding a 1-star item with a 3-star Legendary Upgrade will turn it into a 3-star version of that item with 3 random attributes.
- Downgrade: Modding a 3-star item with a 2-star Legendary Upgrade will result in a 2-star version of that item with 2 random attributes.
- Re-roll: Modding a 3-star item with a 3-star Legendary Upgrade replace all 3 of the existing item’s attributes and apply 3 news ones at random.
New Legendary Weapon Attributes
- Aristocrat’s: Damage increases as Caps increase. Maximum of +50% damage at 29,000 Caps.
- Juggernaut’s: Damage increases as Health increases. Maximum of +25% damage at 95% health or above.
- Heavyweight: This attribute is still a work in progress, and it is currently non-functional. Look for it in the next PTS update!
- Gourmand’s: Damage increases as you fill your hunger and thirst meters. Maximum of +24% damage.
- Last Shot: The final round in a magazine has a 25% chance to deal twice as much damage.Single-shot weapons, like Black Powder Rifles, cannot spawn with Last Shot.
- Steady: +25% damage while standing still.
- Inertial: Replenish 15 Action Points with each kill.
- Ghost’s: Attacks that hit enemies each have a 10% chance to generate a Stealth Field.
New Legendary Armor and Power Armor Attributes
- Aristocrat’s: Energy and Damage Resistances increase as Caps increase. Maximum of +20 for each resistance at 29,000 Caps. Power Armor: Maximum of +35 for each resistance at 29,000 Caps.
- Heavyweight: This attribute is still a work in progress, and it is currently non-functional. Look for it in the next PTS update! Power Armor: Maximum of +35 for each resistance at 350 pounds.
- Overeater’s: Increases Damage Reduction up to +6% as you fill your hunger and thirst meters.
- Glutto’s: Hunger and Thirst grow 10% slower. Maximum of +50%.
- Fireproof: +25 Fire Resistance
- Warming: +25 Cryo Resistance
- Hardy: Receive 10% less damage from explosions
- Doctor’s: Stimpaks, RadAway, and Rad-X are 5% more effective.
- Burning: 5% chance to deal 100 Fire damage to melee attackers
- Electrified: 5% chance to deal 100 Energy damage to melee attackers
- Frozen: 5% chance to deal 100 Cryo damage to melee attackers
- Toxic: 5% chance to deal 100 Poison damage to melee attackers
- Dissipating: Slowly regenerate Radiation damage when out of combat
Steel Reign will also present a new pool of rewards to soak up, including the Face Breaker Power Fist, Brotherhood Civvies, Cryogenic Bed, Mercenary Outfit and Hellcat Power Armor.