Final Fantasy Creator’s New JRPG “Terra Battle” Confirmed For Mobile, Could Come to Consoles; Music by Uematsu
Tomorrow Final Fantasy‘s Dad Hironobu Sakaguchi Will Reveal his new RPG Terra Battle at Japan Expo in Paris, and Famitsu has the scoop.
As we predicted thanks to the trademark, Sakaguchi-san’s new game is a core RPG titled Terra Battle, and to the shock of absolutely no one, it’ll be on mobile. Below you can see a small glimpse on the game’s logo and key artwork.
Since Copies of the magazine are already in the hands of a few gamers in Japan, more details have been revealed from the actual interview via the Japanese blog Hachima Kiko:
- The game will be free to play. Players will be able to complete the story without spending a dime.
- Full details will come in August.
- The soundtrack is composed by Nobuo Uematsu, there will be a total of 20 tracks.
- There are three levels of magic in the game: “Mega,” “Giga” and “Terra.” Terra is the strongest, and the title of the game comes from that.
- The smartphone version is just a starting point, but Sakaguchi-san would like to port it to home consoles eventually.
- Sakaguchi-san is preparing “a certain structure” to gather creators together, and reassures gamers that have been worried since he hasn’t released any games lately.
While Sakaguchi-san doesn’t explicitly promise a console version, We can only hope that it’ll come. A JRPG by the father of Final Fantasy with music by Nobuo Uematsu is simply too good to miss. Hopefully we’ll be able to enjoy it on a big screen, while relaxing on our couches.