Famitsu Sales Reveal a Surge in PS Vita Sales, Nintendo Titles Dominate List
This week’s Famitsu sales have been revealed after a week off (due to New Year’s of course). Famitsu software and hardware sales will give us a good look into the overall sales of last week’s Japanese market. Here’s the software chart between December 30th and January 5th. As usual, new titles are bolded and lifetime sales are in parenthesis. (Heads up, Famitsu combines 3DS and PS Vita sales, and includes any bundle sales in their overall numbers.) Media Create data will be released tomorrow.
Famitsu Software Sales:
- [3DS] Pokémon X / Y – 152,888 (4,129,717)
- [3DS] PazuDora Z: Puzzle & Dragons Z – 151,806 (1,157,503)
- [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds – 68,578 (293,996)
- [Wii U] Wii Party U – 66,708 (585,474)
- [Wii U] Super Mario 3D World – 60,397 (470,438)
- [Wii U] New Super Mario Bros. U – 56,372 (1,022,166)
- [PS3] Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster – 50,033 (232,671)
- [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 – 48,622 (3,341,934)
- [3DS] Battle For Money Sentouchuu: Densetsu no Shinobi no Survival Battle! – 41,317 (236,235)
- [PS Vita] Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster – 35,481 (170,126)
Famitsu Hardware Sales:
- 3DS (Both original and LL) – 187,920
- Vita – 88,169 (Both original and Vita TV)
- Wii U – 60,548
- PS3 – 40,941
- PSP – 12,069
- Wii – 1,727
- Xbox 360 – 1,124
PS Vita has increased in sales, while the Wii U has remained quite consistent on its end. On the software side, Nintendo titles are dominating the charts, with a whopping 23 out of 30 belonging to 3DS and Wii U; the top ten with eight of the titles on Nintendo platforms. Pokémon X and Y is number one this week, taking the rank back from Puzzle and Dragons Z, although the latter is still selling incredibly well.
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster sales are still going pretty strong, with both versions making it into the top ten. Grand Theft Auto V still hasn’t left the list yet and has actually gone up in rankings from 28 to 17.