Fans Are Already at Work to Remove Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE's Censorship
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE was launched just a few days ago, and as expected, the alterations made to the original game were extremely heavy-handed, with the removal of swimsuits (No summer allowed in Tokyo, apparently), references to gravure modeling, changes to the age of the characters and much more.
Luckily, what has been done can be undone, at least partially, and a team of fans based on the GBAtemp forums, going by nicknames Sakitoshi, Sn0wCrack, Shudouken, (S)aber and Werin, are working on restoring the game to a condition as close as possible to the original.
The patch can be found here, and is currently on version 0.9.1. Below you can read a list of changes.
- Reverted costumes back to Bikinis, also changing the menu icons back and their original names and descriptions.
- Completely redid Chapter 2 and a few other small files to return references to Gravure Modelling, this also uses the original voice files.
- Fixed any map changes relating to pictures in dungeons that were changed.
- Swapped the English files out for Japanese versions for retranslated files.
- Healing points no longer come in envelopes.
- Changed Profiles to reflect the character’s real ages and change back references to Gravure Modeling.
- Reverted any censored prerendered Cutscene files.
The patch can be applied to the European and North American versions of the game, and of course it requires you to know what you’re doing around this kind of process. Luckily, the team is offering to provide support on the forum thread or on Discord. That said, whatever you do with your game or Wii U, is strictly at your own risk.
Keep in mind that DualShockers does not support piracy, so you should most definitely purchase an original copy of the game and then patch it. Once you legally own the game, you can feel free to enjoy it in form much more similar to what its authors originally intended.
You can see a few picture of the patched game below.