Fast Paced Top Down Shooter Swarm Universe Gets Official Release Date
Dedication Games have announced the official release date for their upcoming top down shooter, Swarm Universe.
Dedication Games have announced the official release date for their upcoming top down shooter, Swarm Universe. The game is scheduled to release on March 30, 2017 on PC via Steam.
If this is your first time hearing about the game, here is a quick breakdown of the features from the game’s Steam Store:
Swarm Universe is an action-packed top-down shooter. It brings you fast-paced arcade-fighting, online-multiplayer competition and vast modding-possibilities.
Swarm Universe features a sophisticated level editor. 3D level geometry can be created by quickly drawing a few 2D-shapes on the ground. New enemies can be created using a powerful configuration system, changing looks and behavior. Levels can be controlled by connecting various components – such as sensors, doors, spawners and much more – to redstone-like logic circuits. And to top it off, Swarm Universe has its own scripting language which can be used to create cutscenes and complex new game-modes.
With the ability to execute custom code, there is really no limit to what users can come up with. The scope of modding could easily leave the whole top-down shooter genre behind.
- Highly competitive
- Highscore-driven single-player levels & endless arenas
- Online-multiplayer: free for all & team-play (up to 8 players)
- Unique, physics driven swarm gameplay
- Fully integrated level-editor
- Easy level creation: level geometry, custom enemies & logic circuits
- Expert level creation: whole new game-modes & cut-scenes through scripting
- Steam Workshop integration
- Detail-obsessed and indie to the max
Swarm Universe is scheduled to release on March 30, 2017 on PC via Steam.