A new update is now available for Fear the Wolves early access on Steam. This update brings optimization and some additional content to the battle royale game that arrived began its early access period in late August.
Developer Vostok Games states they have been condensing their models and creating new LODs (level of detail) to improve performance in order to make sure Fear the Wolves runs smoothly on all PC configurations. Ten additional languages have been added, different types of kills (such as grenade or melee) now reward additional points for the end of each match, Edge and Gangster sets have been added for customization options, and you will now be able to queue for the next game while spectating a game.
Toggles for movement keys such as ADS, Crouch, Walk, Spring, and Hold Breathe have been added. Ammo for dropped weapons are removed, the map has become more precise, a compass has been added, and evacuation messages are removed so that players must pay more attention to when the helicopter is arriving.
Bug fixes include:
- Wolves will no longer spawn in the air or in the ground.
- Players will no longer fall through the ground when getting out of a vehicle that has been parked on a hill.
- The Fort 17 pistol will now always have a magazine present inside the gun when seen in 3rd person.
- Grass should no longer be growing in the air.
- Various other tweaks and fixes.
Several new points of interest have been added to the map in both industrial and urban settings. Each building has loot on all of their levels. The full list can be found below.
- Several parts of the map’s topography have been changed, as below:
- Gas Storage
- Old Dam
- Concrete Plant
- Points of Interest
- Security Checkpoint
- RLS Vostok
- RLS Duga