FIFA 22 Pro Clubs Detailed, Drop-In, Player Growth, Perks, Archetypes
The Pro Clubs matchmaking period will be reduced, thanks to Drop-in feature.
Electronic Arts shared some new details around the new and improved features of the FIFA 22 Pro Clubs mode.
FIFA 22 is the next mainline entry in the series and it’s coming with some revolutionary changes to the new-gen consoles and Stadia. Along with improved visuals and realistic animations, the game modes have also changed significantly.
- CHECH THIS OUT: NBA 2K22 Soundtrack/2K Beats Artists, Including Nas and Doja Cat
Today, EA Sports shared some important information on FIFA 22 Pro Clubs, including new features and gameplay mechanics that will help to improve the overall experience.
FIFA 22 Pro Clubs Features
The matchmaking duration is supposed to be reduced with the new entry, thanks to the Drop-in feature. With this new system, you will be able to create a squad with up to four players, whether they are your friends or the players from the recent match.
With this, you already have four players out of the total 10 before starting the matchmaking. If many players do the same, then you wouldn’t need to wait minutes for a new match.
Also, you will be able to choose your preferred position, known as Play Style, before the matchmaking. With this, you will be never dropped into a match where you should play in a position you don’t like.
Keep in mind that Drop-In is a standalone game mode inside the Pro Clubs. This means the matchmaking for League and Cup tournaments will remain the same.
After each official Pro Clubs match, you will earn XP points. The amount of XP points you are rewarded depends on your performance on the pitch.
Earn as many XP Points as you can to level up your Virtual Pro customize it with Perks and Archetypes.
At the maximum level, each Virtual Pro will have three Perk Slots and 26 different Perks that improve its stats depending on the position in the pitch.
Players will start with one Perk Slot and a Starter Pack Perk at the beginning and gain new perks after at each new level.
Below, you can take a look at Perks:
- Distance Shooter – Increases your accuracy and power from long distance shots. Grants you the Finesse Shot trait and 5 star Weak Foot ability.
- One Time Shot – Increases your finishing ability during one time shots or headers. Grants the Finesse Shot and Power Header Traits and increases your weak foot ability.
- Set Piece Beacon – Increases your Heading Attributes during Set Pieces (Free Kick, Corner Kick, Throw In) for 5 seconds after the ball is in play and grants you the Power Header Trait.
- Clutch Finisher – Increases your shooting Attributes during the last 15 minutes and extra time. Grants the Finesse Shot and Power Header Traits and increases your weak foot ability.
- Hot Streak – Shooting Attributes boosted for a short time (15 mins) after you score a goal. Grants you the Finesse Shot and Power Header Traits and increases your weak foot ability.
- Quick Reply – Shooting Attributes boosted for a short time (15 mins) after conceding a goal. Grants the Finesse Shot and Power Header Traits and increases your weak foot ability.
Chance Creation Perks
- Assist Streak – Boosts Passing Attributes for a short time (15 mins) after assisting a goal and grants the player the Swerve Pass trait.
- Skilled Dribbler – Increases a player’s dribbling and skill move abilities when dribbling with a ball while also granting them the Flair trait.
- Set Piece Specialist – Increases your players abilities during set pieces. Grants you the Giant Throw In and Set Play Specialist Trait.
- Active First Touch – Increases your ball control, acceleration, and sprint speed after a first touch.
- Threaded Pass – Increases through-pass and lofted through-pass accuracy (Vision). Grants the player the swerve trait and 5 star weak foot ability.
- Precision Pass – Increases the player’s normal pass accuracy and speed (Short Pass + Long Pass) and grants players the Swerve trait and 5 star weak foot ability.
- Tireless Runner – Grants the Second Wind and Solid Player Traits.
- Pinpoint Cross – Increases crossing accuracy and ability when performing a cross and grants the player the Swerve trait and a 5 star weak foot ability.
- Defensive Closer – Increases the defending Attributes in the final 15 minutes + extra time of a match.
- Last Defender – Increases your defending Attributes when you are the last player back.
- Lock Down – Defending Attributes boosted for a short time (15 mins) after your team scores a goal.
- Cool Head – Defending Attributes boosted for a short time (15 mins) after your team concedes a goal.
- Ball Winner – Boosts jockey speed when the player does the Jockey or Sprint Jockey actions and increases the player’s tackling ability.
- Physical Strength – Boosted strength, ball control, and jumping when jostling, shielding, or heading the ball.
- GK Clutch Save – GK Attributes boosted in the final 15 minutes + extra time of a match.
- GK Fast Rush – GK speed boosted when GK is sprinting or rushing.
- GK Quick Reflex – GK reflexes and reactions boosted when saving.
- GK One on One – GK abilities boosted in one vs one situations for 5 seconds.
- GK Far Reach – Good at saving Distance Shots.
- GK Set Piece Expert – GK Attributes boosted during Set Pieces (Penalty Kick, Free Kick, Corner Kick, Throw In) for 5 seconds after the ball is in play.
Archetypes are new Attribute increases that can be purchased by Skill Points in the game.
FIFA 22 will be available on October 1 on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Nintendo Switch, Stadia, and PC. The PS5 or Xbox Series X|S versions of the game will cost players $10 more than the PC and last-gen versions.